Lean On My Shoulder > Girly Girl Talk

Morning Skin Routines

(1/4) > >>

morgan:
Just finished my shower and cleansing, moisturising, blah blah - tedious stuff.  What products do you girls use to keep yourselves young and bootiful?  I've tried a number of things over the years, cheap and expensive.  At the moment I'm using Jurilique (all plant-based).  Smells good, feels good, but making me look 20 years younger - I don't think so haha.

Anyone got a sure fire routine to take those years away and make your skin glow.  Miracle cream?  Come on girls - SHARE  pleasssssseeeee.

Kim P:
Can't wait to see everyone's responses!  I use organic coconut oil for moisturizing. 

umpa:
I use alot of moisturizer! I have wicked dry skin and roseacea. The medication doesn't work for me. Like Kim I like coconut oil for my skin and for my face I clean it with noxema and moisturize with eucerine face lotion.If I break out I use essential oils .I make a mix of calendula oil and teatree that my daughter actually sells at her spa. I think water has alot to do with keeping your skin beautiful I drink alot of water.Cucumbers are also excellent. I think a healthy diet with no processed food helps too ;)

shawn116:
I hear almond oil does wonders too...I haven't tried it yet though.  Having had psoriasis from the time I was 8 years old.... moisturizing is a most for me.  I use everything I can get my hands on the doesn't make me feel greasy... :P :P  Olive oil and cocoa butter as well as coconut oil are great after a bath if I have the time to let is soak in otherwise I stick with good old gold bond extreme moisture for those days that I am in a rush. 

Here is one of the only good uses for sugar that I can see. 

Homemade sugar rub  ;D  2 parts sugar 1 part oil = lovely feel good skin.

Homemade bath salts
1 c. Sea Salt
1 Tbsp. Baking Soda
3-4 drops essential oils.
If I really want to pamper myself I get a my nails done first then....
Do a nice rub down with the sugar rub and a nice soak with the bath salts......Wow do you feel like a new person when done....LOL  I'm not sure about taking the years off though  :-\  Haha

FYI...these make great gifts  ;)

umpa:
I use sweet almond oil for my carrieur oils for massage lotions.It is wonderful.It is instantly absorbed into the skin.With any moisturizer though if it doesn't absorb in 7 minutes I wipe it off. Great recipe for the bath salts TooSweet  ;) I do a salt scrub with sweet almond oil sea salt and peppermint essential oil.Very cooling to the skin ,great exfoliater too ;) I also like to use avocado as a face mask.Or an egg, white to tighten and yolk to moisturize :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version