Author Topic: Atkins Drinks & Snacks  (Read 3314 times)

chimes81

• View Profile
    • Email
Atkins Drinks & Snacks
« on: June 28, 2013, 01:02:47 PM »
My family has just started the Fat to Skinny lifestyle and had a question.  Is it OK to use Atkins drinks and snacks when I'm away from home(office).    If not what do you recommend?

Thanks for your help,

First timer :)

Joagain

• You can have excuses or results you cant have both
    • View Profile
Re: Atkins Drinks & Snacks
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 02:48:08 PM »
Some of them are ok ,some of them cause your BS to rise . They have a lot of chemicals in them in my opinion .
I think eating as clean as possible is always better for FTS . Some of those bars and shakes will cause sugar cravings to continue on .
I would stay away from them for at least 2 weeks when you are new to FTS get all the crap out of your system
Welcome to FTS

You can have excuses or results you cant have both !

chimes81

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 03:44:13 PM »
Thanks, I think I'll stay away from them.

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 03:45:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum chimes81   ;D  I agree....Jo has given you the best advice here.  Most of those bars will raise my blood sugar not to mention give me tummy issues.  Like Jo said eat as clean as you can and stick with the FTS rules  You will do great   ;D   

Roam around the forum....you will get lots of great recipes and ideas.  Come join in on the conversations often....the support you will find here is awesome and a great tool to help keep you on track.  We are like one big family   ;D ;D  Glad you are with us   ;) 

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 06:48:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum chimes81.  I'm one of those people whose weight stalls eating Atkins, even a tiny little bit will stop me; and once you are on these things they are an addiction in themselves.  Peruse through all the forum topics, you will find lots of information.  As the other members have said eat as clean as you can - as close to unprocessed as you can.  That will bring you the best results.

Don't be shy about posting often, we like to get to know new members.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 09:05:45 AM »
Welcome Chimes! I am Umpa ,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.Proper planning will be your best friend.At the office have a igloo lunch tote(they are wicked cool and at big lots for $8.) under your desk.They keep food cool for hours.If you are running around town shopping grab some low carb tortillas and put them in the car.Then you can stop at your favorite burger joint or subway shop and just use your own bread.I have never been to a restaurant where there wasn't plenty to eat.
I personally can't stomach the atkins products because they give me tummy problems ;) I don't understand their carb counts either,but I am easily confused! :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 03:47:37 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, chimes81!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 05:34:43 PM »
Hello chimes81 welcome to the family! I don't trust any of the Atkins products, too many variables. When Dr Atkins first wrote his book he was all about fresh low carb high protein foods...then came the greed and Atkins went into the food business not the weight loss business  :-\ Personally I never eat any kind of pre-processed low carb foods other than low carb tortillas and even that is rare. There are several products I recommend in our product guide but the truth of it is if you can get back to fresh you'll always be better off. Now for some advice;

I assume you have a fridge and microwave at the office? if so then leftovers, snack trays from leftovers, hard boiled eggs, strawberries, cheese sticks, sandwiches rolled up in romaine lettuce leaves....EAT my new friend...the heck with pre-packaged protein bars!

If you don't have a fridge and microwave at the office can you put them in? If not stick a cooler in your trunk and enjoy great cold foods from home  8)   
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Atkins Drinks & Snacks
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 10:58:55 PM »
Welcome Chimes81. I also have to agree with Doug and the rest of the family on this. You will feel better doing it the natural and right way. ;)