Author Topic: Hallowe'en  (Read 4831 times)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hallowe'en
« on: October 01, 2010, 02:36:17 PM »
I started to think about Hallowe'en coming up.  In previous years I always chose bags of my favourite chocolate bars to give out in case there were leftovers, then they were mine.  I DO NOT want to bring bags of choclate bars into the house this year.  Too much temptation for me and then I would be giving something to kids that they don't really need either.  I was in the cheese aisle of the grocery store this morning and had a great idea, I think I will hand out the individually wrapped string cheese (0 net carbs, I checked).  I might even tie a black & orange ribbon around a couple and hand them out that way.  So, do you think I will get my house egged for giving out healthy treats?

beebs

• View Profile
Re: Hallowe'en
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 04:09:51 PM »
You might get spit on for that.  ???

nikiniki9doors

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 04:16:14 PM »
I myself like cheese

but Im not a kid anymore lol .... this is a tough call!!!

what about low carb protein bars? maybe contact manufacturer direct and ask for volume discount? depending on amount of kids you get? we get 300+ here

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 09:43:52 AM »
I think string cheese would be cool or candy you hate, Or have yoiur hubby take you out for a romantic evening instead of handing out candy.(Costumes optional)hehehehe

nikiniki9doors

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 10:52:36 AM »
have yoiur hubby take you out for a romantic evening instead of handing out candy.(Costumes optional)hehehehe

THIS I AGREE WITH LOL

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 01:21:52 PM »
Why put yourself through that..Go out for the evening....
Live each day as if it was on purpose.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 09:18:07 AM »
If you're going  to hand out gifts to the little beggars  :o ;) this year I suggest you go to your local dollar store and buy sugar free hard candy. Buy a bit of black nylon material and some orange ribbon from Wal Mart and make little packs of 3-4 hard candies per pack......  or give the pumpkins below a try;

To make a pouch, cut two 10-inch-diameter circles from orange crepe paper. Stack circles and put goodies -- candy and small toys -- in the center. Pull sides of paper up around treats to make a pouch. Gather paper just above the treats, and twist a little. Secure by wrapping green floral tape around the base of the twist, binding upward to create pumpkin stem. If necessary, trim excess paper before binding. Foliage curls can be made by wrapping floral tape around a pencil.

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 12:52:32 PM »
wow Doug, you are very crafty.  we don't get a lot of kids here so i think i vote for the going out idea. i did like the string cheese idea but don't think kids would appreciate the thougtfulness behind it.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

SouthCarolinaLady

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 01:48:25 PM »
If you really "need" some chocolate, 'TREAT' yourself to Russell Stover Sugar Free Candy!  I think it is great and helps get me through my chocolate cravings!
Just don't over indulge!!!  :)  Have a great day!

SouthCarolinaLady (Susie)

nikiniki9doors

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 02:17:15 PM »
lol those pumpkins are super cute!!!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 03:09:40 PM »
If you really "need" some chocolate, 'TREAT' yourself to Russell Stover Sugar Free Candy!  I think it is great and helps get me through my chocolate cravings!
Just don't over indulge!!!  :)  Have a great day!

SouthCarolinaLady (Susie)
Yes, the Russell Stover sugar free chocolates have helped me out before.  I just don't want bags of "regular" choclate bars in the house.  And Umpa, I don't think there is such a thing as chocolate bars that I don't like.  As for giving kids sugar free chocolates, I don't think their parents would appreciate the urgent bathroom trips they may cause (and they are not always fast enough to get there) because I'm sure the kids would eat more than one at a time.  Maybe I'll forget things to eat and go to the dollar store and see if I can find some little trinkets.  I don't get tons of kids and they are mostly family that stop by.

SouthCarolinaLady

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 12:57:49 PM »
Thanks, Doug, for the cute idea!  I am going to wrap a small stuffed animal in a "pumpkin bag" for my grandsons!  They don't need the junk/candy !!!

Have a great day!

SouthCarolinaLady  (Susie)