Author Topic: HELP ARE MY GREEN BEANS OK ?  (Read 1432 times)

joagain

HELP ARE MY GREEN BEANS OK ?
« on: June 08, 2011, 02:07:54 PM »
 I bought some fresh gren beans the other day but them in the fridge . When I got them out to cook them I see they have brown spots on them they are still firm and green . They have no smell just brown spots all on them or they still save to eat ?

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: HELP ARE MY GREEN BEANS OK ?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 04:17:43 PM »
Hi Jo! :)

I've never seen that happen to green beans I've bought.

To be safe, take them back to the store with your receipt.
Most stores are very good about exchanges and refunds on "questionable" products.
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 04:33:49 PM »
Hi Jo

I'm with Tony.  You have every right to expect them to be fresh.  If your like me though that receipt is long gone...LOL  I'm pretty picky with my fresh produce with all the stuff in the news.  Although I do realize that you can't tell by looking at them if they have ecoli  :o :o  They shouldn't be getting spots that quickly though.   If there are a lot of spots I wouldn't use them....

joagain

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 06:02:42 PM »
Thanks Guys I dont know if I have my receipt or not I might just have to throw them away not worth chancing getting sic

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 10:06:28 PM »
Thanks Guys I dont know if I have my receipt or not I might just have to throw them away not worth chancing getting sic

Hi Jo! :)

I'm confident that even without the receipt, the store will gladly replace them for you.
What you do today is what matters!