Author Topic: No More Naked Weiners!  (Read 17342 times)

bigjim1963

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: No More Naked Weiners!
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2011, 03:35:15 AM »
actually i came upon a fantastic idea for subsitute bread........u take a dixie picnic plate, wipe olive oil throughout plate, put even cover of shredded cheddar cheese or cheese of ur choice, i shake oregano on top & then put in microwave for 1 minute & 10 seconds or until melted unto plate.....when done, put in freezer for 2 to 3 minutes......take out of freezer and u will have a cheese wrap.....put hotdogs, taco meat, any meats w/ lettuce & low carb condiment of choice & wrap cheese around meat and its crunchy and tastes just like ur eating a taco, wrap or sandwich!!!!! i love itttttt....hugs, big jim

shawn116

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2011, 05:21:19 AM »
That is a great idea Jim!!   ;D ;D 

I do that on a smaller scale and make cheese crisps out of them.  To me they taste like cheese nips or the gold fish.  Very good!!  I even made one plate size once.  When it came out of the micro I carefully put it over a upside down bowl until it crisped up.  (you have to be careful because they are very hot!!)  Then I used it as a shell for a taco salad.  Yummy!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2011, 08:58:41 AM »
Hi Jim ;) I think it was Katary that does that too,but he uses it for pizza.Good idea

owensmath

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2011, 09:00:31 AM »
Hi, Jim. It's been a while since I've read anything from you. How are you doing? :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2011, 02:21:04 PM »
Great idea Jim! :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2011, 02:46:32 PM »
Thanks big jim

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2011, 03:53:59 PM »
Wow Rena that looks great my daughter will be very happy!!!!
You all are so funny
SherriPie I am also tall 5"10. It's always so hard to find pants.

Jeannie if you're looking for talls check out The Avenue.com

They rock, plus size clothes that are not expensive and all available in talls. Love that place!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

shawn116

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2011, 01:10:43 AM »
Ok so here is my go at the "Corndog"  Maybe we should call it the OMM Dog or Flax Dog....LOL

I want you guys to know that even Hubs said that the taste was close to the real thing  :o  Here is what I came up with:

1/2 cup golden flax
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp dehydrated chives
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbs parmesan cheese
1 Tbs heavy cream
1 egg

Mix all together well.
Spray top half of butter dish with cooking spray.  Put half of mixture in dish.  Place hot dog on top.  I cut a cheddar cheese stick in half and put it in with the hot dog. (I only used half and ate the other half while it was cooking)  ;D ;D   Put the rest of the mixture on top of hot dog.  Cook in micro wave for 1 1/2 minutes.  ( be careful my dish was very hot because it was glass LOL)  ::) 

Rena after a saw your sourkraut I had to have it with mine...yummy!!
This was so good I wished I had made two and just used the batter for both.  I might try that next time.  It seems there is a lot of breading for just one.  But then again maybe not.... I was so full after eating this one   I put half of my plate away for later LOL 

Also I'm wondering if you could make these like a real corndog??  I bet it would be good with a crispy crust  ;D ;D  If I have the time tomorrow I will try it and report back

joagain

« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2011, 06:50:46 AM »
I think that  if we use your batter or mine do it the way you and rena did thenm in the micro for a few minuites then drop them in  the fryer for a sec . Because mine were crispy but the batter was not uniform because it was hard to get it to stay on

shawn116

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2011, 07:15:30 AM »
That just might work Jo hmmmm  ::)  I'm hoping I have time to play today now....LOL

Rena

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2011, 10:41:15 AM »
Shawn -- Great picture!

Jo -- That might work even better to nuke it and then deep fry it. I don't use our fryer that much, but next time Rick has it out, I'll have to give that a try. As I've said before, I like taking tortillas and wrapping them around a hotdog and deep frying them that way.

Thanks for all your suggestions and ideas on this! :)

joagain

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2011, 12:10:16 PM »
how do you make the tortilla hold on to the weiner

Rena

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2011, 02:46:23 PM »
how do you make the tortilla hold on to the weiner

Good question. Ha! Now I'm trying to think how he did it. I know my mom used to make them with toothpicks, but she cooked them on a pan on the stove and not in a deep fryer. I'll ask Rick. Maybe he used a toothpick or a screwer or tongs or something.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2011, 09:52:21 AM »
Gotta try the corndog idea! I love the omms! i have been making them everyday!I bought some silicone bakeware to play in the microwave with.It never occured to me to bake in the microwave. :D

joagain

« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2011, 10:00:10 AM »
Umpa did you see my corn dog/pups