Author Topic: Thyroid Results:-(  (Read 1362 times)

snobles

Thyroid Results:-(
« on: June 20, 2011, 12:40:04 PM »
Well guys, I got my thyroid results. Now I have to admit, up until a year ago, I had no idea what a thyroid was! Evidentally, my test result was at 74.19!! Holy cow! I am on a thyroid pill, if that doesn't work Metformin, and further, she said if that doesn't work, insulin shots! Could this be why my eyes have been even more blurry than usual?
It's soooo weird though, even now with all of this in my face, my mind still thinks I'm 16! I mean I thought i was at least! Both my paternal grandparents were diabetic. I watched my grandfather die from diabeties. He was still eating the same way, fried everything, mashed potatos and gravy, and my grandmother was eating nitro? pills like they were candy. My poor grandfathers arms were black and blue like someone had beaten him up from the insulin shots!! Needless to say, I am absolutley terrified! I do not want to end up like them!! But if it's in our genes, how can we fight it? and more importantly can it be beaten?

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Thyroid Results:-(
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 12:55:07 PM »
Hi Stephanie! :)

I was taking Metformin for over 6 years.
And yes, high blood sugar can effect your vision and many other things.

But the good news is that type II diabetes can be beaten!... I've personally done it!
Lose the weight!... Lose the diabetes!

But first, you'll need to get your thyroid to behave itself.
You may have to have your thyroid med adjusted a couple of times to find the exact right dose for you.

Before my wife's settled down, she would actually GAIN weight eating low carb.
Now she continues to lose pounds and inches.
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 01:06:39 PM »
Good advice Tony  ;) Hang in there Steph.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

snobles

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 01:56:49 PM »
@Tony,

Thanks for the advice! I tell ya, once I hit 38 everything seemed to go downhill!  ;D Of course, I never had any of these things checked out at the dr.'s either! Better late than never!
And thanks Doug! Imma hangin in there!