Author Topic: New guy here  (Read 4516 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: New guy here
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 12:42:25 PM »
Welcome to the family, Blake! :) :) :) :) :) :)

When I started this lifestyle, I was hypertensive (high BP), my blood sugar was way too high, and my LDL (bad) cholesterol was too high as well.

Last March, my doctor took me off my blood sugar med (Metformin) and declared that I'm no longer type II diabetic!
He also drastically reduced my BP meds.
He told me that if I lose the rest of my excess weight, I will most likely not need ANY meds. I so look forward to that day!

As you've read, many folks experience "sugar detox" (sugar withdrawals) usually for the first couple of weeks.
During this time, cravings for high carb foods can be very challenging.
But if you stick to your guns and don't give in, you'll feel like a new man afterwords.

You and your mom have most definitely found the right place to lose weight, get healthier, and be supported along the way.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your FTS journey to better health!
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 12:46:20 PM »
Just like Tony, I too was taken down in my blood pressure meds. It wasn't long before I was off them entirely. I was really happy about that because they made me feel awful. And I just had a full blood panel done and the results showed everything in normal range. I've been on FTS since October 1st, so the results of the bloodwork was good to see.

Good luck, Blake.

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 12:51:12 PM »
Welcome Blake.

You have come to the right place. No diets, just a lifestyle that's easy to follow and live with. In a couple of weeks all those sluggish feelings will be gone from the carbs and you'll have so much energy you won't know what to do with it.  Just keep your book handy and we are always on the forum if you need us.

Welcome to FTS!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

scottinflorida

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2011, 10:16:25 AM »
Hey Blake - I will join everyone in welcoming you here - you're gonna love it.

In your original post, you mentioned one of your reasons for coming here was to have a certain level of accountability.  I felt exactly the same way when I started, and it has worked great.  I began this way of eating back on Sep 1, and every Wednesday I post my morning weight and a comment or two.  Sometimes when I feel like eating something that is not beneficial or healthy, I think, "Hmmm...Wednesday's coming up...".  I started at 258 and now have about 8 pounds to go to reach my goal of 80 pounds lost.  I encourage you to post here regularly - not only because it keeps you accountable, but because we love to see your progress!

Scott

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2011, 08:31:57 PM »
Hi Blake..Welcome to a place that will not only help you reach your goal, but help you take control...Im 37 yrs and was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes..Ive done the insulin, Metformin (nasty pill) and now Im on Victoza...Anywho, my A1C numbers 3 1/2 months ago were 8.4 which your mom can tell you is pretty high..I just got back my A1C a few days and it was 5.9.... ;D   Though Victoza has helped me and my dosage has been lowered, I can honestly say that 90% of the result was thanks to F2S....

You have your age and gender on your side, so if you apply yourself, you will get into those 32 in pants in no time...This will be great for your mom as well..It really does help and it will make you feel great...Detox varies but when you get passed it, you will think clearly again and omg, you actually have energy again....carbs,starches,sugars are POISON..

Suggestion: Get the cookbook..The recipes are extremely simple and yummy..Wishing you the best and we are here for you.. :)
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

bigjim1963

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 06:06:42 PM »
Welcome to "FTS" blake.......bigjim