Author Topic: Paula Deen confirms she has Type 2 Diabetes  (Read 3683 times)

shawn116

Re: Paula Deen confirms she has Type 2 Diabetes
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 10:43:39 AM »
Wow......   I knew it would only be a matter of time for her.  I wonder about her hubby as well?  She is a smart cook... that is why I have always liked her she is a country scrap cook kinda like I was taught.  it would be nice if she caught on to the low carb benefits.....

Thanks for sharing Joanne

owensmath

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 10:49:15 AM »
In three years, she has dropped one size? 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 11:14:04 AM »
Maybe Doug should send her a book :)

joagain

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 12:49:56 PM »
I read somewhere that she said the doctor told her it was all the butter & greasy foods that made her fat which in turn gave her diabetes .
She is going to get paid to be a spokesperson for the insulin pen . How sad

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 12:57:11 PM »
Oh wow that is sad Jo

I remember my diabetes trainer that my doc sent me to said don't worry about missing out on stuff we can just adjust your insulin  >:(  What kind of since does that make???  I also worked with a fellow years ago before I was diagnosed that would eat a candy bar everyday....he said it was no big deal I'm on the pump...LOL   :o  crazy 

To me it is way better to control it the FTS way and not have to take the meds....I feel so much better  :)

joagain

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 01:53:54 PM »
Even with tyler being type 1 he will never be off insulin but we dont have to use as much .

I told his doctor that we just didint eat much real pizza or mexican food because it made him too high and that is what she said you can just give him more insulin or put him on the pump . I said no I think we will eat low carb thank you so I dont have to buy so much insulin or a 5000 pump  ::)

More insulin means blood sugar spikes and then hard blood sugar lows where he feels terrible and could kill him . It just does not seem right just so they can make more $$$$$$$ . But we can  make our on choices on some things . I always pray for a cure for type 1 but I know it will never happen way to much money to lose if a cure is found .

FTS is the cure for Type 2 that is for sure !!!

refund

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 02:12:29 PM »
it was just a matter of time......i know she can whip up some low carb dishes... i am looking forward to her new cooking style...LOW CARB...refund

shawn116

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 02:59:07 PM »
I'm pretty sure she isn't going to make recipes that would be low enough for us...LOL  Here is a link her website sent me in a email.   http://www.diabetesinanewlight.com/index.aspx    You have to sign up to receive information from the medicine company to be able to view all the recipes...LOL  They do show you one though.  She suggests to use whole wheat or any low carb pasta.  Here is her nutrition info for the recipe:  :o   Per serving: 260 calories, 9 g fat (5 saturated, 0 g trans), 55 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.  LOL  I love Paula but I don't think she gets it yet  :-\  I hate that you have to sign up to receive junk from a drug company to get recipes that probably aren't any better for you than the original ones that brought her to the disease in the first place.....Just sayin

Yes Jo it is sad that it is $$$$ motivated....even the sugar industry would rather see us stay unhealthy than admit it is bad for us  >:(  

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 03:32:56 PM by TooSweet »

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 07:55:01 PM »
My type II is not cured but its managed.. If I dont eat right, it will spike up right away.. BTw when I was pg I was told the same as far as insulin..  I use to have to shoot about 110 units a day.. yikes...
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 10:15:26 AM »
i heard a comedian this morning on the news.He said "Paula being a spokesman for diabeties meds is like him going out and breaking peoples legs so he could sell them crutches!" :D

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 01:53:39 PM »
 :D :D

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 06:55:16 PM »
I personally am disappointed in the fact that she has waited 3 yrs to share it.. really??? meanwhile lets keep teaching people to load up on butter and sugar... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 08:57:20 AM »
FAT TO SKINNY Announced this on November 16th, in this thread- http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=3627.0 You heard it first here :)

I Tweeted Paula this morning with this Tweet "Hi Paula, I can CURE your Type 2 in 4 months,Tweet me an address and I'll send you my book, no strings attached... I promise"

Lets see what happens next, will she want to cure her Diabetes or will she want to continue taking the meds and get paid for it? What would you do?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

joagain

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 09:12:10 AM »
I know what we would do but I bet she takes the money