Author Topic: One Minute Muffin - OMG, Ya' Gotta Try!!  (Read 160820 times)

KFAITH

• View Profile
Re: One Minute Muffin - OMG, Ya' Gotta Try!!
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2011, 09:25:16 AM »
Jan, I was having the morning back pain so badly and hubby went and bought a meomory foam pad for our mattress yesterday and today I am happy to say I got up no pain! It really helped.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2011, 11:57:01 AM »
Jan, I was having the morning back pain so badly and hubby went and bought a meomory foam pad for our mattress yesterday and today I am happy to say I got up no pain! It really helped.

Hi KFAITH! :)

My wife and I bought a Select-Number bed about 13 years ago. Back then, those beds were called Select-Comfort beds.
It's like a very sophisticated air mattress with plenty of even support for your entire body.
We can change the firmness anytime (and as often) as we like simply by using the remote control that comes with it.
The firmness of each side can be independently controlled.

Every time either of us has to spend the night elsewhere, we REALLY miss our bed.
We really love it!!!
We can change the firmness from almost table-hard to down pillow softness.

The next time you're on the market for a bed, check them out.
They are absolutely amazing!!! ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2011, 02:31:17 PM »
Yeah, I have an ice pack on my back here at the office today.  I am not sure what got it out of whack this time,  maybe it was sleeping on a different bed when we went to the beach.  I have looked at the memory foam toppers and wondered if they help.  Those sleep number beds sound VERY interesting too!!   I may just need to go for a visit to my chiropractor this week.   ;)

joagain

« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2011, 03:21:56 PM »
Tony we have had or select comfort for 15-16 years and it is as wonderful today as it was then . Jan you really need to get one they cost a little more then a regular mattress but you will not have to buy another one !!!!!

Tony I read somewhere that the our old select comforts air bag & foam inside could have developed mold on it . I checked mine out it had a small amount of black spots on it so I called them and they sent me 2 new air chambers and new foam for both sides  FREE OF CHARGE & I sent the old ones back  they even payed for the return shipment . You need to check yours !!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2011, 07:16:19 PM »
Tony we have had or select comfort for 15-16 years and it is as wonderful today as it was then . Jan you really need to get one they cost a little more then a regular mattress but you will not have to buy another one !!!!!

Tony I read somewhere that the our old select comforts air bag & foam inside could have developed mold on it . I checked mine out it had a small amount of black spots on it so I called them and they sent me 2 new air chambers and new foam for both sides  FREE OF CHARGE & I sent the old ones back  they even payed for the return shipment . You need to check yours !!

Hi Jo! :)

Every Fall after the Summer heat (and perspiration) has past, we pull our bed apart and apply a 50-50 water & bleach solution to the lower pad and air bags to deal with the mold.
This has been the only drawback in owning the bed. But we've been able to deal with it.

I did not know that they would replace them on request.
THANK YOU for this info!!! :) :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 07:18:49 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2011, 07:52:47 PM »
Yes they will !!!  The new air chambers & foam or much better then the old ones . I just called & told them that both sides had mold spores and no questions asked  ;D

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2011, 08:48:14 AM »
Yes we had talked about looking into one of the sleep number beds someday. For now the memory foam is working  got up  okay again today ;)
With God all things are possible
Rosie

shawn116

« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2011, 02:08:17 PM »
We love our sleep number..... before we were married hubs had a bed that was hard as a rock  :o  Mine on the other hand was a pillow top...LOL  The sleep number just made sense to us.  It is wonderful for me with my arthritis... I can get a good nights sleep.  The memory foam is good to though.  We have that on our guest bed and the bed in our camper..... I guess I'm a bit spoiled..LOL  ;)

snobles

« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2011, 01:38:14 PM »
@romarc, how can it only be 3 1/2 carbs, when I read flaxseed has 28 carbs?

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2011, 01:51:03 PM »
Hi Stephanie.  I have the golden flaxseed, and it shows 4 carbs and 4 fiber per serving.   It may change according to the brand....?? 

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2011, 03:40:06 PM »
Steph, we use golden flax four as well 4 carbs 4 fiber= net ZERO  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2011, 04:06:23 PM »
I made a blt with the OMM today.  It was so good.  It is hard to miss regular bread with this simple recipe.

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2011, 04:40:30 PM »
I use NOW Almond flour/meal (1 net carb for 1/4 cup) for my 1 Minute Muffin.  Be sure to check all the variations of the 1 Minute Muffin out, they are wonderful! 

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2011, 09:16:25 PM »
Me too Amber!  The almond flour makes it totally different...Yum!!   I always use the almond flour when I make the chocolate one, but I like the flaxseed when I make the one with cinnamon, cloves & allspice.   ;)  This is one GREAT little flexible recipe.  Who needs bread when we have this!   ;D   

jess

• Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to :>
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2011, 08:37:54 PM »
 :D my tummy is happy!  My tummy is happy!!  Just made the OMM, added bacon, cheese, and a pickle, then toasted it up.  Yowsa! Yowsa!  I can't wait to add the variations next time!   ;D :D :)
Let go and let God