Author Topic: Need a Pat on Head Please  (Read 3761 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Need a Pat on Head Please
« on: May 03, 2012, 03:09:37 AM »
Before I started on the FtS a week and a half ago I agreed to do a bake day for a friend who was going away.  We belong to a small group of women who run the local craft shop which sells cakes of a friday morning.  I didn't want to really deal this closely with temptation, but I had promised.  I have spent the last 6 hours baking brownies, mini baked cheesecakes, sausage rolls, quiches, biscuits, trifles and still to prepare pizza scrolls. I have not had one lick of a finger or spoon.  The cravings are edging in it all looks so good.  On the plus size I drank my quota of water in a relatively short time.  Everytime I wanted to eat ..taste..devour ... I had a glass of water.  So I want my Pat on Head Please.   :)

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Need a Pat on Head Please
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 03:33:16 AM »
Before I started on the FtS a week and a half ago I agreed to do a bake day for a friend who was going away.  We belong to a small group of women who run the local craft shop which sells cakes of a friday morning.  I didn't want to really deal this closely with temptation, but I had promised.  I have spent the last 6 hours baking brownies, mini baked cheesecakes, sausage rolls, quiches, biscuits, trifles and still to prepare pizza scrolls. I have not had one lick of a finger or spoon.  The cravings are edging in it all looks so good.  On the plus size I drank my quota of water in a relatively short time.  Everytime I wanted to eat ..taste..devour ... I had a glass of water.  So I want my Pat on Head Please.   :)

Congratulations Morgan ;D ;D ;D :P very proud of you!! I don't know if I have said it or not but welcome to the Family ;) 
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 05:07:19 AM »
Hi ho BigTex - what are u doing up in the early hours of the morning?  The time difference really throws me - here in Australia it's 7.05pm and Thursday 3 May.  So it's sort of like talking back to the future for me.   :)  Thanks for the welcome.

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 06:25:23 AM »
Great job Morgan!!   I know how tough that can be  :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 08:55:55 AM »
yeah You!!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 08:58:08 AM »
Congratulations, Morgan.  You are right to be very proud of yourself.  Keep up the good work!

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 09:52:00 AM »
Smart lady! Yay, Morgan!

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 11:00:54 AM »
Hi ho BigTex - what are u doing up in the early hours of the morning?  The time difference really throws me - here in Australia it's 7.05pm and Thursday 3 May.  So it's sort of like talking back to the future for me.   :)  Thanks for the welcome.

I'm up all the time it seems lol :o  my sleep pattern is way off I wish I had a normal schedule lol
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 02:38:47 PM »
Way to GO Morgan!!! You Rock!!! ;D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 05:06:25 PM »
Tex,
How much sleep do you get?  Enough sleep is a pretty important component of good health and weight loss.  I struggled with not enough for many years.

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 08:33:31 AM »
Doesn't that feel GOOD?! ;D

This diet is VERY powerful. Once you get into FTS, you will find it easier and easier to walk away from that stuff. I can walk by the sugar laden junk that everybody brings on wednesdays and literally go "bleech...that doesn't look very good". Whereas two months ago, I was visiting the chocolate "bucket" (yes, they have one) at least every hour because I could not stop.

This diet gives me freedom and a peaceful feeling of being in control. I LOVE IT!!  :D

owensmath

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 12:53:29 PM »
Waterlilly, that is awesome! It is now becoming your new way of thinking and living...not a temporary diet!
I remember several "Aha!" moments I had when I first started living FTS.
1. Kids were baking pizza and the smell was heavenly....the dough rising smell....all of a sudden, I thought "I can get pleasure from smelling this. I don't have to ingest it to enjoy it."  I mean, I don't drink perfume and I still enjoy it. I don't eat flowers to enjoy their aroma.

2. A student at my middle school was drinking a sugary frozen drink one morning, and I literally had to take a second look because the literal image I saw was that the cup was filled with sugar and when I looked again, it was a frozen red slushy looking thing.

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 04:08:10 PM »
2. A student at my middle school was drinking a sugary frozen drink one morning, and I literally had to take a second look because the literal image I saw was that the cup was filled with sugar and when I looked again, it was a frozen red slushy looking thing.

That's funny. I think you were right when you saw it the first time! I'm starting to "see" sugar in ALL KINDS of things!  (Doug did that in FTS and I think that's helpful imagery).

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 12:21:12 PM »
That is my favorite video! Adults or children that watch it get it instantly!1 Both their responsises are the same"EEEHHH YUCK" :D :D :D I love shock and awe! :)

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 05:53:11 PM »
That's Doug's master plan, isn't it? SHOCK :o and AWE >:( ;D :D :D :D