Author Topic: Help me get started please  (Read 4452 times)

I am Jazzalie

• View Profile
    • Email
Help me get started please
« on: May 22, 2010, 10:01:07 PM »
 I am not sure where to post things on this site please do not be mad at me if this is not right.   I read the book and I still am not sure what to do to get started.  I am a little slow I was in an accident a few years ago so I don't always remember things I am wanting to know what I should try that is easy  to fix and what things I should be doing to work my way down to the weight that I want to be at.   Right now I live with other people but we do not eat together all the time and they are no support  I don't have access to a computer often right now but I will check in a much as I can I can't get youtube to work on my computer either and at 389 pounds and only 5'3 I need all the help I can get

thanks

owensmath

Re: Help me get started please
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 10:16:12 PM »
Welcome, Jazzalie. No one will be mad at you. You have made the right first step...educating yourself!  The main thing to start with is to stop eating foods with sugar in them and obvious carbohydrate laden foods like potatoes, breads, chips, etc.... Eat salads but don't put lots of extras on it like croutons and cranberries. Also, read the labels of your salad dressings. I use blue cheese dressing and I don't pour it on. I dip my fork in it before I grab a bite of salad.
I think you will find a lot of information here and we all love to talk a lot! (type a lot)

WELCOME!!! : )

Cyndi

• Waiting & blessing the Savior...Shalom † Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 10:45:26 PM »
Hi Jazzalie~~ Nice to meet you...I am so glad you are here,,,truly you will be blessed....
please do not feel pressured,,,there is much to learn and you will be amazed...you will catch on, slowly but SURELY!
take your time and have peace~ look around in all the different posts here....there is so much wonderful and kind support here!
Everyone here is going toward the same goal as you and most felt just like you at the very start! We are all in this together...Amen!
I am fairly new also and have been greatly encouraged by our new Fat to Skinny family! Doug and his precious wife(umpa)
want nothing less then to see us succeed and they along with each of us here want you to have all the support you need to reach
your goal and be a "happy reader "(as Doug puts it...i think...lol)!  Have fun and watch out for all the love and laughter, ..and beebs...oh and katary....and you met owensmath,she's smart ;).....you'll love it here...and I Know we are all gonna make it! ;D
Lord bless you Jazzalie... keeping you in my prayers~~
Cyndi
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 10:48:24 PM by cyndi »

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

owensmath

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 06:28:44 AM »
Oh wow,
I
is
smart?

Never thought of it that way!

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet   ::)

Cyndi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 06:36:08 AM »
lol....good morning smarty........i'm goin' back to bed....lol.. ::)

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

bevxx

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 07:00:24 AM »
 ;D hello jazzalie ...take your time reading the info...we're with you in this..xx

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 08:18:12 AM »
Jazzalie, You got great advice! Ask alot of questions on the forum. Your answers are here.Write things down.That helps alot of people.Work the book a chapter at a time and write down notes that you understand.If you get lost come on the forum and ask.If i can help at all let me know i am dougs wife sherri,everyone calls me umpa. ;D

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 09:55:30 AM »
Welcome! I am the forum entertainment. Everyone here is a great help and no one will mind if you ask lots of questions. We are all here to help.

Cyndi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 11:58:45 AM »
hey...you're a lucky ducky....I didn't get a warning from the head of the entertainment board when I joined the family... ;)
I had to find out by snooping around in here...haha...
I did find out a vital piece of info on beebs though...if you use " w00t! "...watch out...she'll let you know it is "All Rights Reserved" !! ..lol
bless you~~ ;D

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 02:51:11 PM »
w00t thieves!!