Author Topic: Delightful little surprises...  (Read 1787 times)

SarahC

• View Profile
Delightful little surprises...
« on: February 27, 2012, 10:33:53 PM »
I started to make some jerky today. I mixed up the marinade and got the meat out of the fridge. The boneless roast that I got (on sale) wasn't cutting well, partially froze it, no better...turned out to have too much fat to make good jerky anyway, so I dipped the chunks in the marinade with all that yummy liquid smoke and spicy stuff and peeled a couple turnips and cut up a chayote squash (my first ever) and put it in the oven! It made a wonderful smell all evening. When it was done, I had to take a taste of everything to see how it turned out. It was delish!

Then, when I took the slicer out to put it away, I decided to check what was in the overflow cupboard and guess what I found - Walden Farms Marshmallow dip and Chocolate dip! I had no idea it was there! I bought it way back before I started FTS and didn't even know about Walden Farms!

Thank You, Lord, for delightful little surprises! Make my day!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Delightful little surprises...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 08:28:50 AM »
Hi Sarah, I find that London Broil makes the best jerky....lean, cuts well and always goes on sale. Check out this vid for instructions;

Low Carb Beef Jerky FAT TO SKINNY
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 08:29:19 AM »
YOU MUST HAVE BEEN GOOD! :D :D its like finding candy in your purse you forgot about while sitting at the doctors! :D

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 10:04:12 AM »
Thanks, Doug, I love your jerky recipe! I saw that roast and it looked so lean. Then at home I discovered that it was rolled and tied and the fat was in the middle! I would have marinaded the roast instead of just coating the meat with the jerky marinade, but I wanted to get it in the oven so it would be done by bedtime. It made a great roast. I'll get London Broil next trip to the store.

Umpa, I'm such a sweetheart - it always surprises me when the other side comes out and I'm a stinker!

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 10:49:08 AM »
I had a funny dream last night - I dreamed I was shopping in one of those busy little stores that has an abundance of everything, food, tools, clothes, all crowded in narrow aisles... you know the kind. A woman behind me kept pushing her cart into me and I ended up in the clothing section trying to get out of her way. I saw the CUTEST pants set on this rack that was tightly packed with clothes. I got all excited because I was finally small enough to wear something like that and started looking for my size - I tugged and tugged on the blouse part to get it off the rack, but it wouldn't budge. Then I turned around and THAT WOMAN was pushing with all her might on all the clothes on the rack to get something out that SHE wanted to see! I was so irritated that I went to the opposite side of the store to get away from her! My plan was to go back after she had a chance to clear out, but I woke up before I could get back there. Darn! That was a sharp looking little outfit! Haha! I've never worn paisley pants in my life!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 01:23:11 PM »
Hi Sarah!

Your dream sounds like a typical visit to Walmart at 2:00 PM on a Saturday afternoon! :D :D :D :D :D
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 09:53:09 AM »
 :D :D :D You are too funny girlfriend!