Author Topic: Espanol' version of FTS  (Read 1766 times)

SarahC

• View Profile
Espanol' version of FTS
« on: March 07, 2012, 11:51:02 AM »
Suggestions welcome.

Yesterday I was grocery shopping and a Mexican woman saw me picking up some green beans. She asked me how to prepare them, and in the conversation, she mentioned that the doctor had given her a diet plan for her daughter. She asked me what beets were and seemed to be real old-country Mexican. She told me that her daughter is 16 and weighs 320 pounds. I wanted to tell her to go to FTS, but doubted that she has a computer - then thought about giving her a book, but there's the language barrier - after I got home, I thought about the Spanish version! It wouldn't do me any good now, but just in case I run into something similar (or maybe run into that woman again!), can anyone tell me if the Spanish version takes in the culture difference as well as having the language translation?

I have some business card blanks and I'm going to put FTS information on them - in English and Spanish- so I can give them out. I'm going to shop at the store where that woman was and keep an eye out for her. There are several reasons why I didn't talk to her about FTS yesterday - she had a DOCTOR's directions, was just getting started, and the culture and language thing being primary. The next time I run into a situation like that I want to be prepared!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 04:40:35 PM by Doug Varrieur »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Espanol' version of FTS
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 04:43:38 PM »
When I had the Spanish version translated the translator did take into consideration culture concerns. The Spanish version is available as an ebook only. Thanks for your support  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 04:56:33 PM »
Thanks, Doug. I looked it up and see that it's only available as an ebook. Still, you never know who can use it.  I really didn't want to confuse or overwhelm the woman in the store. I'll try to see her again and give her a card with all the FTS information so she can help her daughter and herself.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 09:03:15 AM »
The Spanish diet as well as italian is very easy to take low carb.Lots of fresh food. ;)