Author Topic: Palmetto (Pimento) Cheese  (Read 3192 times)

shawn116

Palmetto (Pimento) Cheese
« on: June 05, 2011, 10:50:19 AM »
Hi everyone

I realize the pimento cheese is probably a southern thing but I just wanted to tell everyone about one of my new favorite things!!  This is so good yall!!  It lists only 1 carb for 2 T and that is plenty enough to fill 2-4 celery stalks or a low carb tortilla.  It makes wonderful grilled cheese with the one minute muffins.....oh yum!!!  :o LOL  My favorite is the one with jalapenos in it but they have a plain one to..... this is so good 8)  
http://palmettocheese.myshopify.com/collections/vendors?q=Pawleys+Island+Specialty+Foods

If you are in a part of the world that doesn't do pimento cheese ( the one that Kraft puts out in the little jar just isn't it!!)  try this recipe

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened - (mine says 1 for 1 oz) so 8
 2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese (use the large shred not fine) -0
 1/3 cup mayonnaise -0
 1 pinch garlic powder
 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained -2

about 10 net carbs for the whole recipe

Directions
1. Beat the cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add Cheddar cheese and continue beating until light and fluffy. Beat in mayonnaise and garlic powder; stir in pimento. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.

I would add some cayenne pepper and some jalapenos....  ;)  Also it says to beat the cheddar but I would just fold that in or maybe just beat a small portion in and then fold the remaining in.  You want to have the cheese in whole shredded pieces not just a creamy mush.  This would be real close to what this product is.  I haven't tried to make it myself yet but will next time I run out.  I'll add this recipe to the recipe section as well...LOL  Hope everyone enjoys it!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Palmetto (Pimento) Cheese
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 11:41:32 AM »
Sounds great TooSweet! :)

I've eaten this product before a long time ago.
As I recall... It was GOOD!!! ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Palmetto (Pimento) Cheese
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 09:29:42 AM »
I grew up on pimento cheese on white bread!I think I still have a part of that sandwich in the fat on my right thigh :D :D Thanks for the recipe toosweet I will make this one,I miss it! :)