Author Topic: Sick today! :(  (Read 2284 times)

Emmitt

• View Profile
Sick today! :(
« on: September 05, 2012, 05:38:43 PM »
I'm sick today!  I usually eat soup and drink ginger ale while I'm sick but they're high carb so what is your suggestion?  Right now I'm eating egg salad - which it doesn't help my sore throat.  :(

shawn116

Re: Sick today! :(
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 08:07:34 PM »
Sorry you aren't feeling well  :(  Try some simple broth like chicken or beef, you can add some meat and veggies to it.  Try doing a search on the home page for soup..... any of those posts I'm sure will lead you to a good one that you will like  ;)  This one is my favorite when I don't feel like spending to much time cooking http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=3686.0  I also like to have hot tea and sugar free ginger ale and sugar free pop sickles....I hope you feel better soon

Emmitt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 03:40:32 AM »
Where did you buy sugar free ginger ale and sugar free pop sickles?  Hope Walmart has it.

Sorry you aren't feeling well  :(  Try some simple broth like chicken or beef, you can add some meat and veggies to it.  Try doing a search on the home page for soup..... any of those posts I'm sure will lead you to a good one that you will like  ;)  This one is my favorite when I don't feel like spending to much time cooking http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=3686.0  I also like to have hot tea and sugar free ginger ale and sugar free pop sickles....I hope you feel better soon

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 08:31:27 AM »
I'm pretty sure they will Emmitt.  Hope you feel better today  ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 08:52:05 AM »
Sorry you're not feeling well Em..  :-[ Mint teas are great for a sore throat, chamomile tea will help you get better and chicken noodle soup is as easy as 123...here's a recipe;

Doug's Low Carb Chicken Noodle Soup

Ingredients

1 chicken breast chopped into bite size pieces
3 cups unsalted chicken stock (canned or boxed)
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 package House Foods Shirataki Noodles or Miracle Noodles rinsed well and chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 egg beaten
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1- Choose a pot large enough to handle the ingredients and melt the butter over medium heat
2- Gently saute the chicken breast in the butter until it turns white on all sides
3- Toss in the veggies and mix well
4- Pour in the chicken stock and a teaspoon of salt. As the stock heats up do a taste test for more salt...add as needed
5- Bring the soup to a boil and add the noodles
6- Slowly drizzle the egg into the soup and using a fork whip it around creating additional noodles
6- shut off heat....cover and let rest 5-6 minutes
7- Taste for salt and pepper and add per your taste...serve

Hope you get to feeling better, not sure where you are but many grocery stores sell the noodles in the fresh veggie section. We get our at Ingles in NC, Publix and Winn Dixie in FL   ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 09:01:29 AM »
Get well Emmitt ;)

Emmitt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 02:43:20 PM »
Thanks! I am feeling better today.  Found out that I had bronchitis. I ate a can of chicken broth and put chopped celery in it.  I couldn't cook at all.  Only had carbsmart fudge bar most of the time.