Author Topic: Started yesterday!!  (Read 4279 times)

crystalhummer

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - slayermommy
    • View Profile
    • Email
Started yesterday!!
« on: June 22, 2010, 09:12:08 PM »
Hi all, I just started yesterday and am thrilled with Doug's book and this lifestyle.  I've been heavy all my life and have lost and gained 100 pounds twice.  I had my stomach stapled in 1997 and lost about 60 pounds and have since lost another 30.  I still need to lose about 75 lbs - and I would be at the lowest weight of my life!

I have to have my knees replaced because of arthritis and lack of cartilage - I'm only 53.  I had done Atkins many years ago and had some success.  Sweets are my downfall and since my stomach stapling they go down easy (ice cream cookies, pies, etc.  - you get the idea). 

I am extremely hopeful.

Just wanted to say hi

Francine (crystalhummer)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Re: Started yesterday!!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 09:20:14 PM »
welcome to the party crystal ;D>> we will all be more than happy to help you in any way we can...any questions you may have,just ask, and i am sure you'll get an answer from someone!!!! GOOD LUCK ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 08:14:05 AM »
Welcome Crystalhummer! You are gonna do great! You will find all the sweets you want here and if you need help converting a recipe go to the homepage to the ask umpa column and i will help you. ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 08:27:56 AM »
All our combined love and support are yours to share, all you need is the "want to" and the strength to break your sugar habits. We are all here for you!  :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

bevxx

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 12:50:59 PM »
 ;D ;D hello crystal'..welcome...xx

owensmath

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 01:16:52 PM »
Welcome, Crystal! Sweets were also my downfall, but now I still have them but they are sugar free, low carb and even TASTIER than what I ever ate before! Check out the recipe section...my favorite is the keylime cheesecake!

crystalhummer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 03:12:17 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the very warm welcome!  It is so good to know that there are others sharing the ups and downs of life and hopefully the womderful feeling that I (and all of you) will get and have gotten from getting rid of the excess baggage that weighs down our lives for good.  I am working very hard and will definitely look at the recipes for ideas - especially for sweets.

I purchased the recipe book from the site and was looking at it last night.  There are some really good ideas!

Thanks again to everyone!!!!!

owensmath

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 03:24:46 PM »
Make sure you check out the recipe section on this reader's forum, too! There are lots of other great ideas here as well. Often, someone's recipe sparks another one's idea and then more and more recipes are posted and we all benefit.

crystalhummer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 01:04:46 AM »
Thanks!  I'll check it out!

crystalhummer