Author Topic: more questions  (Read 5726 times)

crystalhummer

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - slayermommy
    • View Profile
    • Email
more questions
« on: June 24, 2010, 04:47:55 PM »
Ok, I am really not trying to be a pain, but.....  I have a question about total calories.  I know eating too much of even the low carb stuff will stop you from losing, but I have problems (because of my stomach stapling), not eating enough during the day.  Previously - I had no problem because I snacked on sweets, cookies, cakes, etc during day and there were my calories (not nutritious - but calories)

Ever since my stomach stapling I have a hard time with meats unless very tender (like crockpot chicken breasts till they fall apart), hard veggies, or even getting a half cup of veggies at a time in - usually it doesn't go down well and I'm guessing you know the results.  (I've had over 10,000 in dental work due to the vomiting problems - with another 10,000 dollars still.)  Anyhow,  what do you suggest - just eating all day or what.  I don't work, but at the present I'm not much of a cook - I've relied on fast food and eating out. 

I really want to get a handle on this for my health and I am watching my 18 year old daughter go down the same path.  Any ideas FTS folks?

crystalhummer Francine

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Re: more questions
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 05:10:57 PM »
hey Francine... so are you saying that you are looking for more stuff to eat throughout the day? i don't know anything about stomach stapling,do you have to eat a bunch of calories? if so how many? and is it required for some medical reason? when i 1st started FTS i counted both carbs and calories,are you able to get any type of physical activity? do you have to eat soft stuff because of the dental work or because of the stapling? i also am unemployed right now,and i have to tell you cooking is fun,especially when you are trying new things,and even more so when you are literally cooking for your life:) i know that sounds extreme....but its true ;) honestly FTS has made a HUGE difference in my life,i used to lose my breath just tying my shoes,and that was only 10 weeks ago,i am sure we can find foods for you when we get all the facts...but remember what Doug says, you have to "want to"  talk to you soon!!!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 06:37:45 PM »
Hi Francine, you have a problem many would like to have....you can't eat much at each sitting before you're full. This of course is due to the smaller stomach capacity from the stapling. That's OK we'll work with what we have to work with. The answer to your question is really very simple, eat several times throughout the day in very small quantities. You also need to work with cooking methods and foods that agree with your ability to digest. If that means softening your foods by cooking them well then so be it. The key is to keep your carbs under 20 per day. This forces your body to burn stored FAT as fuel. I would think you'd have a problem overeating and you shouldn't eat if you're not hungry....remember food is not a sport or a a pass time, food is nothing more than fuel for your body. If your car was full of gas you wouldn't stop at the station right? Same with your body. Truth is we really don't need allot of food on a daily basis and most of us over eat simply because it's fun to eat. It's time for you to get in touch with true hunger as I explain in the book, then schedule your feedings just prior to those times coming on. Don't worry about calories and don't over eat at each feeding.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

crystalhummer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 08:08:38 PM »
Thank you Doug and Katary!

Thanks guys for your input - prior to FTS I would eat maybe yogurt or cereal or oatmeal for breakfast or maybe even ice cream or left over mexican and italian food (favorites), snacks are usually cheese or cookies or chips, lunch just like maybe a half a sandwich or something (I might take it home and try to finish later - like a 6 inch sub from subway).  Dinner - I might pass and just have cheese  or maybe a part of a piece of chicken, or 1 bowl of mac n cheese or maybe 3 oz of steak (at home) Eating out I usually order whatever (and it can get expensive) but never eat more than half - like half a piece of chicken or some soup and a quarter of lasagna at Olive Garden.  That's what  I usually have eaten. 

The last few days I've had hard boiled eggs maybe 2 a day, some cheese (maybe 2 oz total), low carb ice cream - some olives, a little chicken, and today I had 2 scrambled eggs with cheese and couldn't finish it.

I guess I might be able to make some of Doug's snack type recipies at first.  I just want to try to get my nutrition in too.   I was worried that if I don't get enough calories that I would not lose weight.

I do have a huge sweet tooth that I am fighting but a little of the ice cream has helped.  If I could I'd eat sweets all day.  Thanks for the ideas!

Example

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 09:18:12 PM »
Gary's nogurt recipe would be great for you! Check it out!

crystalhummer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 09:42:25 PM »
Beebs - OMG  that looks delicious and easy (right up my alley)  Do you or Gary have any idea what the storage in the fridge is - a few days or longer?  Thanks again  I am sooo trying it (it definitely might help my sweet tooth!)

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 09:46:13 PM »
i kept mine for a few days...just had to stir it with a spoon before i ate it...but i have to think if you kept it in an airtight container it would stay good till the date on the heavy cream you use ;D

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 05:05:59 AM »
unless the cream cheese had a date before the heavy cream. It wont last long enough to worry I dont think..... ;)

Phil

• Realize how rotten sugar is for your health.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 12:46:57 PM »
Gary I wanted to ask. The fruit can ya buy it at the store or is it a online order? i want to make some today!
And if I claim to be a wise man. It surely means that I don't know... Kansas

owensmath

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 12:58:28 PM »
I used Polaner's sugar free extra fiber fruit (strawberry or apricot or blackberry) from Walmart. It's not 0 carbs, but it's pretty low. I think it's like 2 net carbs per serving.

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 05:43:56 PM »
i got mine at kroger,it was in the low-glycemic section ;D