Author Topic: Palm Heart Recipe  (Read 2610 times)

sansucre

• View Profile
Palm Heart Recipe
« on: May 09, 2011, 04:03:16 PM »
This recipe is one of my favorites. The palm hearts have a natural tang to them. I love this as a side dish with a medium-rare filet mignon.

Take a can of palm hearts (can be found next to artichoke hearts in grocery store), open it and pour the liquid into a saucepan. Chop the palm hearts into bite sized pieces and add to liquid in saucepan. Heat them up. While heating them, make this sauce to pour over the heated palm hearts:

I don't measure this; I just eyeball it and make it to taste:

Mayonnaise
Sour cream
Lemon juice
Curry powder

You don't need a lot of this for the palm hearts. I use it sparingly and mix it up so that the palm hearts are just lightly coated. A chef in a French restaurant used to make this for me. After they closed that restaurant down I had to figure out how to make it myself. This is the closest I could get to the way that chef's version used to taste like.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Palm Heart Recipe
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 11:02:47 AM »
This sounds great!Gotta try it!
Welcome to the forum sansucre :) I am umpa dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where i can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.If I can help you please ask.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Palm Heart Recipe
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 12:50:11 PM »
Welcome to our family, sansucre! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I'm looking forward to trying your recipe.
It sounds like it will make a wonderful side dish.

I'm also looking forward to hearing more from you as your FTS lifestyle journey progresses.
It's such a wonderful way to live! :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!