Author Topic: south beach diet  (Read 3781 times)

winkiedee

• View Profile
    • Email
south beach diet
« on: March 20, 2011, 08:42:34 AM »
i saw a post a while back about the south beach tv dinners......is there a tv dinner that is acceptable?  i am just thinking about something different every once in a while.

i stay so busy and its hard sometime to come home and cook.  I just was wondering you all?

denise

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: south beach diet
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 09:29:58 AM »
I don't know of any prepackaged low carb dinners of any brand that would be acceptable to me to feed to my dog   :o...but that's just me.

Buy the empty TV dinner trays and pack your own with leftovers  ;) Great way to prep for a fast meal and not have a fridge full of leftovers  :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 11:56:08 PM »
That is a great idea Doug.  Winkiedee I have one of those food saver things that I have been using to do just that.  a while back I went to to dollar store and bought some plastic plates that have the dividers (like a TV dinner) so I could pack lunches for my husband.  They work great for this.  You don't even have to have the food saver.  Just make sure you wrap them real well or use freezer bags (use a straw to get the air out before you close it)  It sure makes meal choices very easy.   ;D  I try to plan my meals out for the week, but sometimes everything goes hay wire..... having something waiting for me in the freezer is a huge help.   I don't throw any leftovers away.  It either goes for a lunch for the hubs or freezer for easy dinner night.  The other day while I had the grill lit I went ahead and grilled all the chicken breasts and a few sirloins that I had on hand.  Makes for great wraps or salads....yummy   ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 09:41:05 AM »
great idea TooSweet! :)

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 10:30:38 PM »
Thanks Umpa  I forgot to mention to that I use the food saver steam bags like they are going out of style!!  LOL  That way I can buy things in bulk and make up my own individual servings that I can pop in the micro.  It sure helps that everything is pre-measured.  I don't have to think about it again.  This is something I have been doing for a long time now.  I always love to have meals I can just grab.... it just happens to be a great help with this lifestyle.  Only now I just mark on the package the net carbs....LOL  ;)