Author Topic: Fast food advice (Please)  (Read 2767 times)

Mimzy

• View Profile
Fast food advice (Please)
« on: March 13, 2011, 01:50:36 PM »
I am going to go on vacation in 1 week and I am trying to figure out what or how I can eat at fast food places.  We are going with another couple and I know he loves to eat at Taco Bell, I don't have a clue as to what I can eat there.

I could use some more suggestions of things that I can bring to eat.  I will not have a refrigerator or any means to cook or warm things.  I will have a small ice chest.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! :)

owensmath

Re: Fast food advice (Please)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 04:15:07 PM »
You can always eat burgers without the buns. Get them wrapped in lettuce, take your own low carb tortillas as a wrap, or eat it with a fork. You can eat most salads if you watch out for the dressing and croutons (none with fruit). I don't think I would eat anything at Taco Bell. Their "meat filling" isn't really much meat at all. Do they have a grilled chicken salad or something like that? I love to get an Arby's roast beef sandwich and eat the roast beef off the bread. Zaxby's chicken wings are fried without breading, so you can ask for them to be given to you plain and then dip them in blue cheese dressing.

Rena

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 11:31:05 PM »
I don't know about Taco Bell, especially since a lot of Mexican food is so high in starch. However, McDonald's has this link that breaks all their food down by ingredient. I had been eating grilled chicken salads with the Caesar dressing, but that's a whopping 16 carbs combined. I think I'm better off eating one of those huge Angus burgers without the bun, which is only 2 carbs, plus a few more if you eat the cheese and tomato. Good luck!

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food.html

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 09:05:54 AM »
Where are you going on vacation?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 05:56:09 PM »
We are going to Arizona and will be checking out ghost towns and doing a lot of back country exploring and hiking.  It will be nice to get away from the hustle and bustle, but it will be difficult for me to figure out what I can eat.  I haven't lost much but I certainly don't want to gain any back.

fatrichie

• View Profile
    • Avian Images
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 01:16:41 AM »
Where are you going on vacation?

Doug, this brings up a good topic.  I am a a salesman, on the road, and used to grabbing whatever I can eat at 70 mph, on interstate five between customers.  Pepperoni sticks and cheese squares get awfully boring  after a while.  I take Adkins Meal Bars and Shakes, gallons of water, but a couple of McDonald's cheese burgers were sure easy to eat while traveling.  Any suggestions for one of those naughty ol' traveling salesmen?? 

VINCE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 03:08:18 AM »
Dear you need to eat burger because you do not have facilities like , Refrigerator for keep the things for  preserving and freeze for long time and Micro wave for making the thinks hot. The best option is burger when you go for vacation . Thanks

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 09:28:02 AM »
Doug and I spend alot of time in the woods riding motorcycles and hiking.We pack beef jerky,hard boiled eggs,nuts ,cheese,protien bars and peanut butter.I always keep a cooler in my car for cold drinks, so i usually throw my lunch and snacks in there.When i don't have time to pack the cooler I just throw a bag of low carb tortillas in my purse and grab a burger out or some italian coldcuts and put them in a tortilla.I get full fast. ;)