Author Topic: older generation  (Read 2832 times)

Barb sugarfree!

• View Profile
older generation
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:27:02 PM »
Do older people get good results with the FTS?  I am over 60 and even though I feel much better without the "white stuff" (sugar & carbs  ;D)  my weight loss has been minimal  :'(  My stomach has gone down and my "big" clothes fit better  ;D  But I wonder will it take me a little longer to lose more pounds?

Rena

Re: older generation
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 09:29:34 PM »
I consider myself the "older generation" these days. Ha! I turn 47 tomorrow, so can I be in this club? ;)

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 12:31:21 AM »
Happy Birthday Rena!!    ;D ;D

Hi Sugarfree.... I'm not sure that age has anything to do with it, but maybe life changes.  I guess what I mean is the hormone changes in the body as we age or in certain cases of health issues.  I'm not a doc though...just guessing  ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:36:34 AM by TooSweet »

joagain

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 05:31:48 AM »
Well Barb I am going to be 50 . I think that everything slows down as we age  ;) But I think the more off & on  diets  we have been on in our lives has more to do with it then age . Plus we are women which makes it even slower . Just keep on doing what your are doing and dont get on the scale . The scale will get you discouarged more then it will help .
I am glad that Doug covered it a little more in the new book . A few folks lose very fast but if you ask on the forum most do not . It is a lifestyle change that makes you healthy and aong with that comes weight loss .
 I know we all came here to lose weight 30 pounds in 30 days ,but found something much more important then the number !!!

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 07:10:32 AM »
Happy Birthday Rena!
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 08:32:24 AM »
I'm 59 and losing steadily but slowly.  I don't have a specific goal weight but I'm not going to change much once I get there so I'm just enjoying the journey. 

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 08:42:24 AM »
My Mom lost 50 pounds at age 76. She had to cut way down on her carb intake to do it, 10 or less per day. Your metabolism slows as you age, you can crank it up with additional activity or cut back on carbs or both  ;)

Happy Birthday Rena  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 09:28:09 AM »
I find when people aren't losing pounds they are losing inches.Take your measurements.You should feel your clothes getting looser ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 12:05:04 PM »
Happy birthday Rena! :) :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 12:16:02 PM »
Hi Barb! :)

I just turned 60 last month and have been living the FTS lifestyle for quite some time.

Men tend to lose faster than women due to higher testosterone levels (which make the metabolism go faster).
However, anyone will lose their excess FAT if they abide by the FTS rules.

My weight has not changed much for the past couple of months. But I have lost inches.
I attribute this to having some physically intense work to do around our property.
I guess I've been building muscle (which weighs more than FAT).

Always remember that this is a lifestyle.
And that if you go back to your old lifestyle, your health will begin to suffer and weight will come on.

No two of us are alike and we will each lose at our own rate.
So just be patient... The weight will come off in due time. ;)

Barb sugarfree!

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 07:13:39 AM »
Thanks everyone for the input.  Will continute on FTS.  Love the way I feel  :)  and that is a plus. 

sweeties

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 03:01:59 PM »
I too am from the older generation and loving it. I am losing weight slowly and think (guessing) that I am eating dinner late when the grandchildren go home and then falling asleep early from being tired from the grandchildren so its like eating before bed. Catch 22  8) 8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 03:10:54 PM »
I too am from the older generation and loving it. I am losing weight slowly and think (guessing) that I am eating dinner late when the grandchildren go home and then falling asleep early from being tired from the grandchildren so its like eating before bed. Catch 22  8) 8)

Hi sweeties! :)

Never allow yourself to become hungry.
It will trigger your body's survival defense mechanisms and slow (or stop) weight loss.

It's not a good idea to eat and go right to bed frequently.
The stomach needs time to begin the digestion process in a somewhat upright position.
If not, you could be flirting with a future case of acid reflux... Not fun!