Author Topic: Hidden carb counter  (Read 3986 times)

joagain

Re: Hidden carb counter
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 09:55:23 AM »
here is where I posted the ingredients I guess you missed it

http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2025.msg17891#msg17891

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 10:48:44 AM »
Well, there is certainly sugar listed in the ingredient list....why not the nutrition label? Could be 2 reasons;

1- serving size

2- manufacturer error

My guess is serving size requirements. If the serving size portion of food isn't large enough to require by law the carb counting of it's individual ingredients then they can be skipped. In this case the quantity of sugar per serving size could be less than required reporting standards.

The easiest thing to do is to take a moment at the store and check the ingredient lists of what you buy. The truth is we find "favorite" products and we stick with them, it's human nature. Once you find a product you really like that's FTS friendly the work is behind you.

Fresh sausage from the butcher is always an option. Ask your meat man to grind you up some pork, beef or turkey and instruct him or her how you want it spiced and what size links you want. You'll be amazed how much better the sausage tastes when you call the ingredient shots.  ;) 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

joagain

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 01:11:47 PM »
Thanks Doug I need to start taking my reading glasses with me I just seen o carb and no sugar listed and I love that kind  so I thought I had hit the jackpot . I guess it is ok to eat if i want to count a serving as 2 carbs . Thanks again