Author Topic: Those poor folks on The Biggest Loser!  (Read 4731 times)

jacksprattswife

• View Profile
Those poor folks on The Biggest Loser!
« on: March 17, 2010, 05:50:35 PM »
Does anyone else watch The Biggest Loser on TV?  The torture those poor people have to go through.  It makes me want to tell them....LOW CARB!!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Those poor folks on The Biggest Loser!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 08:29:51 PM »
Oh I agree!! and I've done the research, 75% of the past winners have gained back all or more of their weight. Why??? because no-one can keep up the kind of exercise routine they are put through on the show. Then they are sent home without changing eating habits and BOOM! FAT again. I'd rather eat low sugar and not be forced to exercise.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 10:41:50 PM »
Amen to that! I have enough to do without working out all darn day....I did purchase an eliptical to help me get an increase in my activity and to help my arthritis, but I only plane on 10-20 minutes a day!  8)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 09:08:43 AM »
Wonderful machine, low impact...good cardio. Have fun with it :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

snobles

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 09:45:15 PM »
Funny you should mention The Biggest Looser! One of our friends, she just joined the biggest looser! She's not that big, but alot of people, I think are looking for a quick easy cure! and like you said Doug, are sent home expected to do it all by themselves! With no recipies or no food, substitues! So they're right back eating the way they used to! Never figured out why they gained all their weight back! But your way is easy, and once you get used to the new eating habbits, not really habbits, but, it becomes a way of life! A better way of life! I have felt so much better after changing my routine!
Stephanie

owensmath

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 08:10:26 PM »
Stephanie, I agree with you. I am enjoying the foods so much more than I was before. I have decided that what I can cook at home tastes SOOOO much better than the stuff I can eat at a restaurant. So, most of the time, we eat at home now. This is a huge change for us. We had been stuck in the rut of eating out a lot. That was also costing a lot of money. It's funny, too, that I plan ahead and carry my little insulated bag of snacks with me most days, as well. Much of the time, I bring it back home and put it away because I didn't get hungry for snacks! But, in case I do, I am prepared with healthy foods.

Today, my kids were eating lunch with our church's softball team and I came in the restaurant and sat with them. I pulled out my warmed up leftover chicken pot pie from last night's dinner, low car/low sugar yogurt I found (diabetic friendly version that Dannon makes), and my laughing cow cheese. I ate my food while the rest of them ate their SUGAR!!! yuck!!! Mine was so much better!

snobles

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 07:45:23 PM »
Congrads Owenmath! I know what you mean! About eating their sugar! It's funny cause when I see the peoples grocery carts! I feel sorry for them! because they're just hurting themselvs! But alot of people don't want to hear about "another diet"! That's the way I was. Till my husband suggested doing the "change of lifestyle"! But they can have their sugar, we're going to have a healthier longer life! Good luck!

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 08:45:15 PM »
w00t!! ;D