Author Topic: I'm BACK !!!  (Read 3772 times)

Lorirunninglate

• View Profile
I'm BACK !!!
« on: September 28, 2012, 04:47:55 PM »
It's been awhile since I've been on. I lost all this weight from following advice on
          this book. Then I had one cheat week that sent me spiraling out of control, possible
          never to return. Someone mentioned cinnamon rolls & a package product that would
          help me make them the way my mom use to make them. I had to try it. I lost control,
          they were so good. That seemed to open the door to all carbs, after that. My mom then
          became ill, I started to care for her, unfortunately, she died. But, I spent 2 years
          caring for her & she was in & out of the hospital for the last 3 months of her life. I
          totally neglected myself & did no exercise. I gained everything back.  Now, a year
          later, I am back to exercising & following the book & I've lost 15 lbs. I have I have
          10 more I want to lose. I have to remember how to do the ticker tape because it
          shows my last results, which were great but, I'm not there yet. 
          I have a question about acitone. I read that if cells don't have glucouse to burn, it
          then burns fat & protein. I know that's the key behind your weight loss book. I read
          that when the cells burn fat, it produces acitone, therefore making your blood acidic,
          which leads to exhaustion & worse. What does everyone on this diet do to combat
           acid build up & has anyone had a problem with this? :o

Ann B

Re: I'm BACK !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 10:04:41 PM »
Unless you are diabetic, ketosis is simply indication of fats being used for fuel. Acetones are simply a type of ketone.

You want to be burning the excess fat and it is unlikely that you will have acetone breath from it like a true Type I diabetic in who is in danger due to excessive blood glucose levels.  When a diabetic is burning fats, their blood glucose is generally out of control.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 09:30:47 AM »
Welcome back.I am sorry to hear about your mom. You have the knowledge to take control and lose the weight again and we are  gonna help you ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 09:33:57 AM »
Welcome back Lori...good answer from Ann. Remember, sugar is very addictive and that's why you craved them after eating the rolls.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 12:06:31 PM »
Welcome home, Lori! :) :) :) :) :)

I am so sorry to hear about your mom.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

There is one very common thing that happens to people who adopt the FTS lifestyle...
They experience energy levels that go through the roof!!! :) :) :)

I have found that when I was very FAT and eating high carb, I felt fatigued all the time.
No matter how much rest I got, I was always tired.
But after reducing my carb intake to 20 or less grams and getting past sugar detox, I've never felt better!

By living the FTS lifestyle, you force your FAT cells to release FAT and that helps you maintain healthy blood glucose levels.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

AliciaInTX

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 09:37:52 PM »
I TOTALLY get you! I've taken a "weekend off" here and there and boy, it sends those cravings through the roof and I am a BEAR the following week, as I try to gain back that control...many times, failing Monday or Tuesday and feeling like crap. Honestly, that was a great reminder how easy it would be to go back to square one and how I don't want sabotage all the work I've done to get where I am right now. Half the time now, when I look at something "carbalicious", I think, "Ohhhh no. No way. Not going through THAT again!" It's just not worth that week and a half of hell to get back on course!

Welcome back!! :) We're here for you. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 10:04:20 AM »
You are correct Alicia ;)

Lorirunninglate

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 10:32:30 AM »
Thanks everyone but, I'm still having trouble with the ticker tape. I went to update it & when it came to posting it on my profile, that's when I had trouble. If I remember, you put the link to the signature section of your profile. I did that & no ticker tape shows up

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 10:36:50 AM »
i dont know how but Toosweet does ;)

NoellBlue1

• Happy to be alive :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 05:33:17 PM »
Hi Lori, welcome back, sorry about the loss of your mother.  I'm wishing the best for you in reaching your weight loss goals this time around, hang in there.  You can do it! ;)
Wishing you love, joy, peace, light, and laughter for every moment in your life;)