Author Topic: Little Bummed -week 20  (Read 6644 times)

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Little Bummed -week 20
« on: November 10, 2012, 03:33:17 PM »
Hi Friends
Have not posted in awhile, please forgive me BUT I do come on frequently and read everything that is going on. As many of you know I am a nurse and I also go to school part time working toward my bachelors degree in nursing. I graduate in December and plan on starting my Masters program in the spring for nurse practitioner. So like everyone else life is BUSY!! This weekend is 20 weeks on FTS and for the past two months I have been at the same weight and losing this same 2lbs and gaining it back and forth. I have never "cheated " since starting this ( besides sisters wedding in mexico) and always stay below 20 net carbs. I next to never have sugar alcohols , maybe once every few weeks a piece of sugar free candy , but I do chew a TON of gum that has sugar alcohols in it. I am a former smoker and quit a year ago and chewing gum is my staple so to say. I have not changed the foods I eat and pretty much eat the same thing variety wise since I started. I usually do not eat until noon time which is 2-3 eggs with bacon and in the eggs i will put feta cheese, or olives , or peppers. Dinner is usally chicken of some type either in crock pot  with sugar free bbq or balsamic vinegar sugar free... snacks consist of nuts , measured out precisely , and cheesesticks, pepperoni, sugar free jello is my "dessert". I do drink coffee daily throughout the day about 2 cups sometimes 3 but i count it as one net carb. i use cream in it and zero.  I listen to my body and always drink a bottle of water when i think i am hungry to make sure it is true hunger.... i am wondering if there is something obvious i am missing? doing wrong? HELP!!!  :'( i want my ticker to start moving again... but despite not losing weight what is keeping me accountable for my lifestyle is the fact that i feel great. i feel like a million bucks! except the mental part of feeling bummed out about not losing weight when i think i am doing everything right..... hope to hear from you all soon and figure out what i can do to break this plateau.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Little Bummed -week 20
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 07:20:42 PM »
Hi Stef! We have missed you. You have lost almost half your weight and you are doing great! ;) You need to take your measurements. When women stop losing pounds they lose inches. Post your food you are eating and we will look at it and see what you are missing. Stay on the plan and all will be well,its science.  ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 10:08:38 PM »
Steph, have you reviewed the "weight loss stalled why" board?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 12:23:49 PM »
Plateaus give your body the chance to catch up with the changes you've made.  They are frustrating if you think of them as a bad thing, but they aren't.  They are a very natural phenomenon.  Umpa is so right on.  You are probably shrinking even if the scale is not cooperating.

Put the scale in the back of the closet and give yourself a break.  Stress can stop your weight loss, too.  Remember that FTS is a lifestyle so how long it takes to get to goal doesn't really matter.  You've already made the big changes.

By the way, I was wondering where you had gone.  I hope you are recovering from Superstorm Sandy.  The news is still very bleak.

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »
I will check out that section Doug, and Umpa maybe I should start doing that , taking my measurements. It is just frustrating knowing i am doing everything right and not seeing progess.
Hi Andrea  ;D I am a "life longer"here at FTS, I have made that up in my mind! We are all recovering from the storm here but there is alot of work that needs to be done. Our shores are destroyed, people are still homeless in shelters it is just so sad. I am so thankful that we had minimal damage compared to the rest of our community.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 04:33:38 PM »
You will be in our thoughts and prayers :)