Author Topic: best FTS tips  (Read 3122 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
best FTS tips
« on: August 12, 2013, 05:25:54 PM »
It's a slow day on the forum so thought I would add a topic. What is your best fts tip to  help you on your journey.  Mine has to do with drinking enough water.  I fill 4 x 600ml water bottles (the ones U buy already filled with water and reuse them).  I place one in the lounge room beside the couch where I spend a reasonable amount of time.  I grab a bottle when I go out in the car. Leaving 2 bottles in the kitchen. One usually gets drunk just while cooking or pottering around there. The last one usually gets drunk because I've noticed it's still there.  Nothing like a visual display to make U aware.

So what is your best tip?

shawn116

Re: best FTS tips
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 07:36:52 PM »
What a great post and a great tip!   :D

I would say that mine is what I call the 5 P's  Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance

Being prepared is the easiest way to avoid the stress of "What do I eat?"  and takes the "always thinking about food" away.  I like not being consumed by food all the time  ;D  It can be soooo exhausting sometimes to always eat the right things and not feel bad all the time for what I choose.  When I'm prepared I don't have to think about it any more and I already know it's right  ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »
My best tip is variety in your foods. Keeping your eating plans exciting puts the breaks on becoming board. We have so many wonderful ingredients which are FTS friendly and tons of great recipes.

I keep the freezer loaded up with many different choices and I'm continually rotating the main course. Several seafoods, poultry, meats, ribs, etc... Trying new veggie recipes as side dishes and exploring new cuisines from around the world opens up new spices, flavors and textures keeping me satisfied at every meal.  8)   
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 09:02:20 AM »
My best tip is to take it easy on yourself.Embrace your new lifestyle.Celebrate every pound along the way!You have made a decision to save your health/life.Don't get hung up on the scale.If you follow the plan it is science the weight will come off.You are wonderful just the way you are and weight is adjustable.Take it one day at a time,there is no race.  ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 10:51:20 AM »
Great tips!... And I'm with Umpa.

If we do not focus on getting the most from our lives, it makes our efforts to get healthy and lose weight MUCH more difficult.

If we make the scale the center of our focus, we will quickly lose sight of added blessings we enjoy being healthier.
And the scale will begin to control how we feel, from day to day.

So I too say, relax, enjoy the ride, and make it fun!
We only have one life to live... Why not make the very best of it! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

MichelleShani

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 07:07:57 AM »
Eliminate salt and processed foods like salad dressings, processed meats and dairy. And also do weight lifting to sustain muscle mass while losing weight on a low carb lifestyle and stay active. It really worked for me to eliminate foods that contain any salt & sugar added in the ingredient like cheeses, sausages and salad dressings and to start weight lifting daily to help burn fat and keep my muscle tone. I highly recommended it for people who have plateaued and are frustrated with their progress. Adding muscle while low carbing was also key for me as I enjoy activities like Pilates and Yoga in an active lifestyle now and heading closer to my weight loss goals.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 09:21:29 AM »
MichelleShani 118 POUNDS!!!! YEAH!! ;D   We have missed you welcome back my friend!!!! How about a before and after picture?

MichelleShani

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 01:44:05 PM »
Hey Umpa missed you all too. I have to look really hard for a pic of me fat because I didn't like taking pictures being obese at all or if I did I would tear them up because I hated how I looked.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 02:40:37 PM »
So happy for you Michelle! I find it also very helpful to point out to friends labels, carb counts and ingredients. As they slip into the lifestyle and start losing tons of weight it's very motivating......... Helping myself by helping others!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: best FTS tips
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 01:28:36 AM »
Great advice.