Author Topic: New to FAT to SKINNY  (Read 3404 times)

RGLOSE

• View Profile
    • Email
New to FAT to SKINNY
« on: January 05, 2013, 07:42:05 PM »
Hello all & all who are willing to help! :) My name is Rebeccah and I have always struggled with my weight. About 2 years ago I was at about 150 pounds. Back then, I thought I was fat but I look at my self now, 40 pounds later, and would do anything to be that weight if not give or take 20 pounds less. I have tried each and every diet from the south beach diet to weight watchers. My biggest challenge is self control. I was hoping by buying the book and joining this forum that I could find the support that my SKINNY boyfriend cannot, for I feel he doesn't exactly know what I am going through. So I hope to read through and find others success stories to help me better understand that I can and will lose weight! Most importantly not to have to do it alone! :) ALL feedback and pointers are welcome, I could defiantly use it!

THANKS!
* On my way *

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New to FAT to SKINNY
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 07:55:47 PM »
Hello Rebeccah, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will do fantastic.  Follow the guidelines in the book.  Post on the forum often.  Ask any questions you want, vent, ask advice, post your successes - someone will be here to answer, listen, offer encouragement and celebrate with you. Good luck  :D

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 09:52:06 PM »
Welcome Rebeccah  :)  Just as Morgan said if you follow the FTS guidelines it will happen for you.  Participating in the forum will be a great tool on your journey to the new you.  It helps to keep you accountable and to share with others that going through the same struggles as you.  We are all here for each other   ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 10:34:45 AM »
Welcome Rebeccah! i am Umpa Dougs wife if I can help you please ask :) I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.You are gonna do great and we are gonna help you.We all know how you feel ;) In 2 weeeks after detox you are going to feel like a million bucks and your energy level will be through the roof!! :)

jetfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 11:25:17 AM »
Best of Luck! :) :) :) :)
Failure can be measured by the steps we don't take.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 12:04:13 PM »
Hi Rebeccah and welcome to the forum!  You will love it here!!  ;D

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 12:45:55 PM »
Welcome Aboard!!
You are going to love it! I also did weight watchers for many years and while I did lose 100lbs I just got so sick of it and fell off the wagon so many times . So time consuming counting points, looking stuff up , boo!!! I have been on fat to skinny lifestyle for 7 months and it is soooooo simple ! You will not want to "cheat" it truly is a lifestyle that you are going to love. Don't be surprised if your first week or two through detox is terrible. I felt awful! But now have never felt better in my life! Best wishes and look forward to seeing you around here  ;D

RGLOSE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 01:30:52 PM »
THANK YOU everyone! I will try to check in weekly, maybe everyday during detox LOL but thank you all for your support!! :)
* On my way *

Itsoversugar

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: New to FAT to SKINNY
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 03:03:09 PM »
Welcome Rebeccah! Good luck to you :)
It'sOverSugar
263.2/254/150

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 03:32:44 PM »
Welcome Rebeccah!  Read the book and make sure that you have a supply of FTS friendly foods.  Some people have a hard time with detox the first couple of weeks.  I am lucky because it doesn't give me any difficulty.  I have been in detox for 4 days now and most likely am already in ketosis.  That is when you start to burn the fat.  Be sure to drink plenty of water.  You will love the food.  Just pay attention to when your body is truely hungry.  You can do this! ;D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:44:08 PM by skychant »

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 03:39:09 PM »
Welcome Rebeccah.  As others have said, there is lots of support here.  We are all here for you.  One caution is that only you can hold you accountable.  And if your SKINNY boyfriend wants a HAPPY girlfriend, he will be supportive.  Start out with the basics and once you are comfortable with the 5 simple rules Doug lays out in the book, then you can add new foods and new recipes.  Best wishes for your success.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 03:57:53 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Rebeccah!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Like you, most all of us have been on many "diets" and have lost weight only to gain it back plus MORE!
Doing this over and over can take a heavy toll on one's self-confidence.
It also takes a toll on our bodies' health as well.
FTS gives us a lifestyle alternative that will heal our bodies from years of carb abuse.

Before I started FTS, I thought I would never again approach the healthy weight I once had.
That was over 80 pounds ago! :o
Now, I look forward to each day with more energy and vitality than I've had in 30 years!

FTS offers you too a lifestyle that will make you much healthier and smaller in the process. 8)

To help build and maintain your confidence and commitment,
I suggest visiting and participating with us here as often as you can.

And if you ever feel that confidence weakening, please let us know.
We really do care about you and your success at becoming healthier and happier! :)

Tony

What you do today is what matters!

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 06:40:36 PM »
Hello Rebeccah!!!!!  Welcome!   :)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile