Author Topic: What I ate today :D  (Read 51391 times)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
Re: What I ate today :D
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2013, 03:52:51 AM »
Thank you all for your prayers...Morgan, it's complicated. My family physician doesn't take Superior Medicaid (my insurance) I had to get that type because I was a high risk pregnancy and the only high risk physician in town took only Superior, my family physician takes Amerigroup. It takes 30 days to change it, when you're pregnant you only have it through your pregnancy and 2 months post partum...So, I only have it until the 30th, then I'm without until my husband's insurance picks me up which is August 1. Now, my physician that takes Superior won't see me, she claims they are changing offices and can't see patients until August 1...our urgent care clinic in town doesn't see Medicaid patients at all, and the community health clinic couldn't get me in for 3 weeks because I'd be a new patient and never been there before. So, the ER was my only option. Here's what I found out, great news and no news...Great news is kidney and liver look great, blood work is perfect (almost), all organs doing well...praise God! No news is basically that I am very anemic and my blood pressure was very high when I got there and he was pretty concerned about that. He put me on some meds that will flush out the water more safely than lasix, but also lower the BP. He thought the BP was due to the fluid retention, but he did not know why I am swelling...that is the mystery. I am going to do the best I can with staying very low carb and see if that helps...but I would appreciate prayers that when I get my other health insurance, my doc can figure out why I'm swelling, because 20 pounds in a week is NOT normal. So praises and requests. That's all I know. Story of my life...lots of mystery illness with no explanation. They even did a CT scan of my internal organs. The best guess was lymphedema. Maybe in Aug my family physician can think of a different test they didn't run. Until then, I'm hitting the FTS hard and fast...I feel like my life is on the line now and I believe my chomping on carbs here and there is killing me. Time. To. Get. Serious. Period. And thankfully I have a new FB and FTS buddy to keep me in line ;)
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2013, 07:26:28 AM »
Well mixed news.  But it's great that you are not in dire straights just yet.  Do you use much salt or has any of your food a high salt content? 

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2013, 11:51:11 AM »
No ma'am Morgan...that's what's even more baffling. I'm a vegetarian...and I hardly ever, EVER eat pre processed foods. I keep a really clean diet. They accused me of "not setting down the potato chips" I told them, I'm a low-carber, it's not from potato chips or salt. Almost all the veggies I eat are very low sodium and I'm not adding salt...minus the olives, they are higher sodium but I'm not eating a handful, or even eating them everyday :(
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

shawn116

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2013, 01:38:41 PM »
i like the good news part...Did you explain to the doc about your diet of 20 carbs or less and that you are vegetarian?  Or just that you eat low carb.... I'm also wondering if you are getting enough protein in your diet?  I know this must be a struggle with being vegetarian.  From what I understand this can also cause fluid retention as well...just a thought.  Especially if the other systems are looking good.  Do you count the grams of protein you eat daily along with the carbs?  There has got to be an imbalance going on somewhere  ???  Prayers for healing coming your way girl  :)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2013, 02:07:25 PM »
I did try to tell the doc...but they were swamped and he wasn't into listening. He pretty much says my primary doc needs to handle this the rest of way. My protein is usually fine with asparagus, nuts, and boca patties...and actually protein is hard on your kidneys...it's best for me that I'm vegetarian, when I donated my kidney that's a plus I had going for me :) I'm not sure what is wrong, but it would have to be a massive imbalance to cause that type of swelling from nutrition...but they looked in blood work for pretty much any imbalance...all the vitamin counts etc...only thing off was anemia level, which is pretty typical for me and any vegetarian...we struggle sometimes with iron and B12...I've gotten a little lax in my dark green leafys in low carb because I usually sub iron with brown rice and black beans :) but anemia wouldn't cause swelling. The guess is from the nurse practitioner that it's a lymph disorder...but my general pract doctor will have to rule that out or in. So maybe in a month I can get some answers.

shawn116

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2013, 02:58:44 PM »
I sure hope so...hang in there girl  ;) 

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2013, 06:14:09 PM »
Hello friends!!! Back on track today  ;D I ALMOST caved last night thanks to LaTortilla Factory tortillas being right beside Buddy Cake Boss's cake >:O but I kept on the straight and narrow  :P So, an update on my health issues...I'm feeling much better. The lady I donated my kidney for, I call her Mama D, she was very concerned about the swelling, so she called Methodist and Baylor hospital in Houston and even though I don't have insurance, they set me up an appointment for this coming Monday! They got all my medical records and will be looking to see what has happened. This is a huge blessing because they are SO much better in Houston than our little rinky dink hospital and docs here in my town of 30K people. Now, my food plan for today:

Today so far I had some sliced up cucumber (no peel), chopped roma tomato, and some sliced up cubes of pepperjack cheese with pepper and red wine vinegar and some unsweet tea with ez-sweetz drops (7 carbs)
For dinner the plan is a quesadilla with cheese (7 carbs) and maybe a snack...depending on what I'm hankering for...maybe my yogurt dish or a small green salad...I'm not sure yet :) but that's the plan for today!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2013, 06:21:32 PM »
That's great news regarding the Drs  :)
Glad you back on track TT. You can do this, you know U can. Maybe if you have a little time in your oh so busy life  :D  you might be able to do little menu plans to help you out so you don't get persuaded to go to the 'dark side' hehe.

shawn116

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2013, 06:34:24 PM »
Yea!!!   ;D ;D  I'm so glad to hear about the doc appointment!!  Praying they will be able to get to the bottom of your issues  ;)  Great job on the menu.   :D

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2013, 06:47:55 PM »
Thanks ladies :) that's the hope. Houston will be the biggest challenge because my FAVE restaurants are there...and there is one in particular that is my weakness! So...I think I'm going to plan to save the money I would have spent on a meal and spend it on a pair of shoes or top instead...reward myself with clothes instead of food! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do  ;D

shawn116

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2013, 06:56:59 PM »
A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do

Yes mam   ;)   My favorite kind of reward  ;D ;D

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2013, 07:13:02 PM »
So...I think I'm going to plan to save the money I would have spent on a meal and spend it on a pair of shoes or top instead...reward myself with clothes instead of food! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do  ;D

Good thinking '99'

shawn116

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2013, 07:19:41 PM »
Good thinking '99'

Morgan you crack me up   ;D ;D

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2013, 07:46:40 PM »
I don't get it  ??? so I think I settled on two cheese quesadillas instead! I'm hungry today  :P

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2013, 07:50:33 PM »
Sorry TT, if you ever watched a show called "Get Smart" (maybe you are too young for the reference), it was about a bumbling secret agent whose code name was 86, he was teamed up with a very smart female agent named 99 - she was always getting them out of jams and he would always be saying things like 'good thinking 99'.  I guess you had to be there .... sigh (getting old).