Author Topic: Publix  (Read 2318 times)

Rena

Publix
« on: January 15, 2012, 02:27:51 PM »
It looks like we're going back to WDW in May, but this time we'll have a full kitchen -- YAY! :D We're planning on driving to the local Publix for food, so I was curious what some of your favorite low-carb "finds" are there. I've never been to one, as I think it's a SE coast chain, right? I looked online, but couldn't find an extensive listing of foods they carry.

Also, do they carry the Dannon low-carb yogurt? I really love Smiths/Krogers CARBmaster yogurt, but it looks like Publix is going to be the only store we're going to get to outside of the resorts. Do they carry Walden Farms products?

I'm taking my handy-plastic microwave omelette pan with me -- I use that thing for both omelettes and bread slices. :)

joagain

Re: Publix
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 02:30:18 PM »
Yes this one has the dannon ,liquid sweetner, flax mill ,waldens farms stuff (some of it ) land o lakes whip cream in can SF

Rena

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 02:32:06 PM »
Awesome! Thanks, Jo!

You just never know sometimes. I went into a local Safeway recently and it was pretty limited on some of my "regular" stuff I buy. I know I'll be fine, but I was curious how big the Publix stores were. Everyone talks about them, but I've never been in one.

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 02:33:00 PM »
Sorry I can't be of much help Rena.  The Publix that I went into didn't have much of anything as far as low carb finds, so I just haven't gone back.   :-\ 

Rena

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 02:37:22 PM »
Thanks, Shawn. :)

I think we're going to the one closest to the park, right off the freeway.

I hope I can find some low-carb tortillas. I know some stores are weird about those, too.

I'll be okay regardless of what I find or can't find. I'm a lot less paranoid about eating out than I was last year when we went. At least I won't have to lug a bunch of food in my suitcase. That was a pain. My bag was so heavy and I barely made the weight restriction.

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 03:43:23 PM »
Rena,

They carry the Dannon low carb yogurt.. As for the flax seed meal it really depends on the demographics and that close to the parks may be limited to low carb.. Are you able to pack the tortillas since they dont require refrigeration..

Tourism= high carb foods  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

How long will you be there for? Maybe you can meet Sherrie since she leaves in Orlando...  Im jonesing to go, its been a year since Ive gone... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:23:07 PM by Alex Cruz »
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Rena

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 03:59:57 PM »
Thanks, Alex. We'll be there about 11 days. My ILs are total Disney fanatics and go almost every year, even though they live in CA. I really didn't want to pack any food with me, but I suppose a packet of tortillas might not take up too much room. We'll see, I guess. May is still a long ways off. :)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 06:24:34 PM »
you could always ask Sherrie which Publix she goes too...
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

mimimama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 07:55:18 PM »
My Publix carries shiratake noodles.

Rena

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 12:20:04 AM »
My Publix carries shiratake noodles.

Thanks, mimimama! :)