Author Topic: Week 4 - Called a Truce with the Scales  (Read 2785 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Week 4 - Called a Truce with the Scales
« on: May 23, 2012, 11:07:46 PM »
Well Week 4 has rolled along.  This week a little tougher because I was out of my comfort zone (home) again.  Strolling through supermarkets with my mother and more donuts and cakes on display than my little area at home not to mention all the little cafes.  So much more temptation.  But, honestly, all I saw was packets and cans and jars of sugar.  So wasn't tempted really.  What I realised was that what I missed was the comfort of a hot cappacino and cake. That's what my favourite was - my compensation for life's ills.  It made me feel cosy warm and safe.  Dammit! I know this is better and I feel better and I'm losing weight but trying to replace that feeling is hard.  The kids have moved out and have their own lives, I quit work and moved house and live alone.  I've been trying to find work but hard in a small community.  I try to throw myself into working on the house and garden, but that 'secure' feeling that 'habit' food gives you - hard to break.  Even knowing there are substitutions (does make it easier) but I'm a little scared if I make a cake or something I will be tempted to eat more than I should.  But to more cheerful things -

Drum roll please - 2lb (total of 10lbs for the month) consigned to the universe to find a new home
(hopefully on some weight deprived person who will appreciate it).

SarahC

• View Profile
Re: Week 4 - Called a Truce with the Scales
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 11:36:25 PM »
Yay, Morgan! Do you have the FTS bakery book? You can make some of the cakes there as cupcakes and freeze them so you can just take one out once in a while. My favorites are the no-carrot carrot cake (I don't bother with the food coloring just for me) and the coconut cake. They make wonderful cupcakes - I cut the recipes in thirds - or whatever makes the eggs come out even.

And I think you can make cappacino FTS friendly. Can you get zero down there?

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 11:59:05 PM »
That's great Morgan :D :D :D :D :D
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 12:07:16 AM »
Thanks SarahC, cupcakes a good option.  How they taste frozen  :D I may not be able to wait while they thaw. haha
I toyed with the idea of almond milk for the cappacino, but the carb count is 6c/250 ml (the lowest available that I can find locally).  I've got some low carb milk powder that I bought from LC Foods so going to give that a whirl.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 08:18:29 AM »
Morgan it WILL get easier as time goes on. The trick is to find good habits to replace the old habits. Your weight loss is right on track and you should draw strength from your success. Sarah is correct about the small portion cakes and sweets but if you think you'll binge at this point it's better to stay away from them. You could make some sugar free meringue cookies they're pretty harmless. Check out this video from Katary for a good recipe- http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=302.0   
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 08:37:29 AM »
Heavy cream!

What more is there to say?  You don't need to mess with other "milks."  Dilute the cream if it is too thick.

Congratulations on your 10 pounds!  You've made a great start.  Your musings about the adjustments that you continue to make are wonderful.  They mean that you are truly embracing a lifestyle change and being thoughtful about how it impacts big and little parts of your life. 

I recommend the coconut cake with lemon extract! 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 09:33:00 AM »
carrotcake! :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 03:06:36 PM »
Hooray, Morgan!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You're doing GREAT!!!
Most of us here see the world of food just like you do.
It's part of your transformation along your FTS journey.

I can't imagine a world without coffee and cappuccinos. :'(

There's no need to miss cappuccinos any longer...
Here's a recipe I just posted for zero carb cappuccinos for our FTS family;

http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4489.msg45454#msg45454
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 04:02:20 AM »
Heavy cream!

What more is there to say?  You don't need to mess with other "milks."  Dilute the cream if it is too thick.

Talk about the obvious Andrea - I make up a small jug of diluted cream for my coffees that I have during the day, but never thought to use a larger amount.  doh! and duh!  Back to the kitchen for me.