Author Topic: doctor visit  (Read 5666 times)

SouthCarolinaLady

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: doctor visit
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 10:24:06 AM »
Donna, I am soooooooo happy and proud of you!  Way to go!  Your words are encouraging to others and yes, you are a success story even right now!  Make it a great day!

SouthCarolinaLady  (Susie)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 12:07:37 PM »
WTG!!  Isn't it nice to go to the Dr's. and get praise instead of feeling guilty because your blood sugars and blood pressure are up.  I too had instant success with both of these going down and walked out of my Dr's. office on Friday with a smile on my face.  Lets just hope they start cutting back on our meds and eventually take none.  This new way of life is amazing!  When I followed the eating plan set up for me my the Canadian Diabetic Association's dietitian, she kept telling me I needed more carbs.  She wanted me to eat 2 slices of whole grain bread for lunch.  It just seemed wrong.  My weight kept creeping up and so were my blood sugars, it seemed like a losing battle.  I know my brother-in-law found the same thing but has also changed to the FTS lifestyle and has also had great success with his blood sugars.   So this does work!!

Keep up the good work.  You are an inspiration to us all.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 12:13:21 PM »
I'm not surprised at your diabetic docs recommendation about increasing carbs....remember they don't make any money if your diabetes goes away!  >:( >:( >:( I see this sort of thing all the time and it really ticks me off...!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

3angels

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 01:42:49 PM »
WTG Donna that's awesome