Author Topic: DAY 6 AND GOING STRONG...  (Read 5591 times)

KFAITH

• View Profile
DAY 6 AND GOING STRONG...
« on: August 27, 2011, 10:21:41 PM »

Day 6 and I have made it yeah.
My hubby got us a new car today, when he got home  we took a drive in the country and we took our granddaughter fishing at a nearby lake... by the time we left everyone was starving, he got him and my granddaughter ice creams, but I said NO, than we called Bob Evans and ordered take out, I got the grilled Chicken, squash and salad.  By the time we got home and ready to eat, I was feeling badly as so hungry, but once I had my low carb meal I feel great now. So thankful I stayed on course! another victory!
Need to find some type of snack to keep in my purse for emergencies when we have to be gone so long.
I have been looking at all the recipes, wow, I am amazed how much we CAN have in variety. Never enjoy cooking much, but now looking forward to learning to cook some of these recipes. :)
With God all things are possible
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: DAY 6 AND GOING STRONG...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 09:26:40 AM »
KFAITH you are doing great! You have what doug calls the "want to" :) I keep nuts in my car,protein bars(1 or 2 carbs check labels) and a bag of Josephs pitas (4 carbs from the whole thing,half will fill you up)from walmart. With the pita if I can't get home to eat I can grab a burger or some deli meat and cheese and have a sandwich. ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 09:43:46 AM »
one day at a time kfaith. I never want you to be hungry so pre-planning is very important. Beef Jerky in your purse is a great choice, I see Umpa mentioned nuts and protein bars but be very careful with nut portions and carb counts on protein bars. Other choices include a can of sardines....don't grimace their really terrific, keep a package of GG brancrisp bread in your purse or car to put them on. http://www.brancrispbread.com/ Keeping a jar of Beanit Butter in the car to spread on GG is also a good choice- http://www6.netrition.com/dixie_beanit_butter_page.html. Dried edamame is very high in protein, low in carbs and filling- http://www.seapointfarms.com/products.html

Finally when your out and about the deli is your friend, stop at any market and you can pick up a few slices of cheese and a few slices of ham or corned beef to make up some quick deli roll ups...heck they even offer free mustard.

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 11:26:04 AM »
Doug and Umpa    You all are so awesome, I have no clue where you find the time to dedicate to replying to "all" of us.  My friend said it is probably just someone  else you all hire sitting at a computer somewhere, but I told her I do not think so I think it is REALLY Doug and really Umpa. ;D
I made notes of what you mentioned and yep I can do that for sure!
Rosie

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 08:13:55 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Oh it's us for sure. Umpa and I enjoy our coffee every morning in bed with our laptops sharing our mornings with our FTS family. Each and every member of our family is very important to us  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 08:35:07 AM »
Its really me :D :D :D :D

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 08:44:11 AM »
I knew it was really you all ;D and this is just great, this morning day 11 for me I got up feeling like a 'snowman in July' haha I feel I am just melting away and oh am I loving this.  Never in my life have I ever lost weight like this and not even be hungry, not gurmpy, just HAPPY!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Lord knows I have so MUCH to loose, but full speed ahead , this old girl is gonna reach her goal!!!!!!! I will get my life back and I will be able to walk with my granddaughter on the beach next summer !!!!
My son in law has a birthday today, we are having pizza and cake for him tonight, but I am making me a  FTS pizza to eat while they all have their real one and I am not even going to smell that cake, I told my hubby when he picked up the cake to pick me up a bag of that Russell Stover sugar free candy you all been talking about and that I'd have one of them instead.
Rosie

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 08:55:59 AM »
It's not only us it's our wonderful group of forum moderators making sure everyone is cared for. I love to see our members all reaching out to help each other....lots of love here  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 09:05:27 AM »
I cannot even smell a store bought cake.The smell makes me nauseous! I can't even begin to imagine how many carbs are in all that sugar! :D
These are the birthday cakes I made for grandson this year KFAITH all sugar free ;)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:26:33 AM by Doug Varrieur »

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 09:22:18 AM »
Umpa, Oh what a cutie, and that cake looks great!!!!!
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 09:03:21 AM »
One side was red velvet and the other was dutch chocolate.The grass was coconut frosting :)