Author Topic: Tator Tot casserole  (Read 4213 times)

3angels

• View Profile
Tator Tot casserole
« on: May 31, 2010, 02:17:51 PM »
one thing that the kids really miss is the tator tot casserole.  can you suggest a recipe similar in taste that will make kids smile  ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tator Tot casserole
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 07:48:26 AM »
Dougs macafoney and cheese with diced ham or ground beef.kids love it! ;D

3angels

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 11:27:43 AM »
I've made the macofoney n cheese with the ham but I never thought of with ground beef I will definately have to try that.  I'm so glad you can help the duh blonde out with these simple things

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 07:52:20 AM »
I have found that kids are open to trying anything!The habits you start them out with are the habits they will have for life.You can even sneak some chopped  brocolli in with that macafoney!I think the saddest thing I have ever heard from one of dougs readers was a story about a 10 year old,300 pounds, on lipitor.

3angels

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »
I find it awesome that you and Doug are there for support Umpa and that your real people who understand and are trying to help not just a face on a book so to speak lol and that you can relate so well to everyone on this forum.  The one thing that sticks out in my mind now from when I was younger that being overweight and having somebody say oh you will grow into your weight cuz your not done growing what is that right?  ya I grew into my weight alright and in places I wish hadn't grown lol

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 06:02:07 PM »
 :D I can definately relate to that!