Author Topic: carb count  (Read 3317 times)

mhilts22

• View Profile
    • Email
carb count
« on: August 05, 2013, 04:26:02 PM »
Hey Umpa,

Hope you're having a great day!!! Got a question for you....I have a recipe for Brussels sprouts auto gratin but not sure of the carb count. Here's the recipe:

2 Tbsp unsalted butter cut into pieces, plus more for baking dish
Kosher salt
1 pound Brussel sprouts, outer leaves and stems removed
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup grated white cheddar ( I put in 1/2 cup extra Orange cheddar cuz I love lots of cheese. Lol)
1/2 plain pork rinds, crushed

Preheat oven 400 degrees and butter 2 at baking dish. Bring large pot of salted water to boil and add sprouts. Cook until tender 8-10 min.

Drain and coarsely chop. Transfer to baking dish and toss with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste than spread out evenly. Pour cream on top sprinkle with cheese and
Crushed pork rinds and dot with butter pieces. Bake until bubbly and golden brown. About 15 minutes.

We have always loved this recipe but since being with FAT to Skinny I replaced bread crumbs with pork rinds but wasn't sure about carbs. Please tell me what you think! Thanks!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: carb count
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 04:34:09 PM »
Its a good recipe Mauri ;) Brussel sprouts are 8 carbs per cup thats where your carbs are.Do you have a fat to skinny carb counter?
Gotta be honest though i would rather eat my tennis shoe after a 3 mile run than brussel sprouts! :D

mhilts22

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: carb count
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 04:38:53 PM »
You are too funny!!! That's an acquire taste...took me a bit to get used to them the cheese helps. Thanks for the info. We have 20 minutes......it's almost time!! LOL