Author Topic: newbie  (Read 3373 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« on: April 25, 2012, 02:57:44 AM »
Guess who's a newbie (3 days in) and actually doing better than she thought she would.  It's a bit trickier with some of the items as I am actually in Australia (in the country - 55km from a decent supermarket which though big doesn't stock many lo carb option foods). Lots of lbs or kgs (well fat is fat regardless) to go. So Yay me.   :D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 08:25:17 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Morgan.  You might be one of the lucky people who doesn't experience detox when they start FTS.

It sounds like you'll need to be resourceful in searching out replacement foods but there are some basic items that you can do yourself.  Almonds can be ground into almond flour. Flax seed can, too.  In North America, we rely on internet sources for a lot of our low carb items. 

I look forward to hearing about your successes.  Please bring your questions and concerns to the forum.  We love sharing.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 09:07:10 AM »
Welcome Morgan! You are gonna do great!  :) I am Umpa,Dougs wife.If I can help you please ask.Meats and greens will keep you lean.It doesn't have to be difficult just keep it simple. ;) i have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where i can convert your favorite  foods to fat to skinny friendly.We have other people here from Australia. ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 09:07:31 AM »
Yay You Morgan! Internet shopping will be your friend. Welcome to the family...  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 09:09:43 AM »
Welcome to the FTS family Morgan!! ;)  Andrea is right...you may need to do some internet shopping if you store is limited.  I don't know about deliveries in Australia but it is pretty quick here.  Really though...you don't need to get fancy to be successful.  A good low or zero carb protein and lots of good low carb veggies will do you the best...especially while you are in detox.  I have a friend that lost 75 lbs without even doing any baking, etc....  Reread Doug's book often and keep it handy it will be the best guide, but don't be afraid to come in and ask any questions you may have.  Keeping it simple, under the 20 carbs a day and drinking lots of plain water will help you to slide right though detox in no time.  Take some time and read through the forum also there is lots of good information, recipes, hints, tricks, and just plain wonderful support.  Be sure to chime in often even if it is to just to vent  ;) We understand and are right there with you....   Again welcome to the party!! 

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 12:59:47 PM »
Welcome to the family, Morgan!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

We're here for you when you need us!
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 06:38:04 PM »
thanks andrea - when you grind almonds to flour, does it look like flour or more like meal?  Yep been searching online and have found someone who supplies tortillas with same carb count as the ones you get.  It's the crackers (gg) that are trickier. I found some that are 4 carbs for one which are the ones I'm using for the moment, but it seems a lot to waste for a piece of cardboard   :D   I don't have a support system here so will be relying heavily on the FtoS family to reach my goal.

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 07:20:39 PM »
I don't have a support system here so will be relying heavily on the FtoS family to reach my goal.

Well we just reached over 5000 members so there is lots of support here  ;)   Come in ofter....someone is always hanging around or not far away  ;D 

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 08:06:24 PM »
Welcome, Morgan! There are wonderful people here who give lots of encouragement and support. You'll do great!

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 11:39:11 PM »
Welcome aboard Morgan..... Glad to have you join us!!
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 08:27:37 AM »
We got ya Morgan! ;)