Author Topic: Eating Cardboard  (Read 2225 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Eating Cardboard
« on: May 05, 2012, 06:54:06 AM »
Just tried the GG crispbreads - so far it's like eating cardboard. I don't know what I expected. Decided to have some PB and jam on some for a snack.  I hope I get used to them.  Low carb/calorie count make a good choice but, other than that, will take some getting used to.  I tried the Walden's Farm Jam (0 carbs/cal/fat/sugars) - a bit like trying to spread jelly (jello), didn't want to co-operate but squished it down.  It was alright for what it was - not that good that you would want to put heaps on either though.  Who was it that quoted "what doesn't kill us makes us thinner"?  Never a truer word.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Eating Cardboard
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 07:22:55 AM »
 ;D ;D You must be using he grape fruit spread, it does have that consistency. I've found the others do not. Yes, the GG is most definitely not something to be eaten by itself. Use them to put cold cuts and cheese on top, cream cheese and sugar free spreads, fish dip, etc.. You'll get hooked on them, I eat one every morning with banana butter and one of the Fifty50 spreads on top with coffee while I visit you on the forum :)

These are a great source of fiber and they bring "crunch" into our eating plan :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 07:31:29 AM »
You will get use to them.My buddy Allen in North Carolina makes smores with them ;)

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 08:12:44 AM »
You know what's kind of funny  :D here is that I think they're actually OK alone. I wouldn't eat them alone but for the most part, I can actually taste the bran and don't mind it.

Now here' the sad part... the reason why I don't mind this, is because for YEARS I ate cardboard, icky tasking, high fiber (the higher the better) "diet" food.  That's what screwed me up when I tried Atkins last fall...I tried to make my food "diet" instead of the "new normal". I guess I got conditioned to eating strange things because I was on a "Diet" and couldn't eat "normal bad" food. Man, that makes me sad.

On a lighter note, for breakfast I had 3 strips of bacon, a slice of GG crispbread with veggie cream cheese and a slice of canadian bacon on it along with a cup of coffee with a tablespoon of coconut oil melted in it. SO NOT diet food!  I won't be hungry for at least 5 hours. I LOVE IT!!! ;D

catznflwrz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 02:03:41 PM »
Hi There WaterLilly, Did I read this right..."with a big spoon(or some term like that) of coconut oil" in your coffee? Is it super good or what? Are you adding any other sweetener? I am struggling with getting the sweeteners out of my AM tea or coffee. Coffee with coconut oil sounds like it could be good. I've been trying to get all the "sweet" out of my diet becuz I don't seem to be able to loose at all with any sweetener present and AM time is not what it used to be...I'm thinking, coconut oil sounds great, isn't it supposed to be a very healthy thing to add to your diet? I think it has something to do with fighting dementia??? Keep up you good work, you've been inspiring me! Catznflwrz

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 04:04:46 PM »
Hi There WaterLilly, Did I read this right..."with a big spoon(or some term like that) of coconut oil" in your coffee? Is it super good or what? Are you adding any other sweetener? I am struggling with getting the sweeteners out of my AM tea or coffee. Coffee with coconut oil sounds like it could be good. I've been trying to get all the "sweet" out of my diet becuz I don't seem to be able to loose at all with any sweetener present and AM time is not what it used to be...I'm thinking, coconut oil sounds great, isn't it supposed to be a very healthy thing to add to your diet? I think it has something to do with fighting dementia??? Keep up you good work, you've been inspiring me! Catznflwrz

ooohh, my pleasure Catznflwrz!  I'm happy to know I'm inspiring someone!  ;D  Yes, you read right. I LOVE coconut oil! I don't cook with it so much but I do put a spoonful in my coffee. It melts quickly. It doesn't really sweeten it, per se, but it make the coffee a bit oily (sounds gross but its not) and maybe even what I would call "creamy". I believe coconut oil has positive body properties so I use it. I even condition my hands with it!  It add a healthy amount of fat to my breakfast. I also make coconut oil "candies" sometimes which I have to eat out of the freezer becuase at room temp, they melt.

As for sweeteners, I'm a Stevia gal, all the way. I use granular and liquid. Liquid is VERY sweet. I think 20 drops = 1 cup of regular sugar so you don't need much! Plus you don't get the carbs from the binder fillers.