Author Topic: TooSweets quest for un-sweetness  (Read 45148 times)

shawn116

Re: TooSweets quest for un-sweetness
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2013, 01:08:15 PM »
I LOVED THE BUTLER!!!!!!

Me too Umpa...it was very good.  This is one I will probably purchase for my collection at home.   :)

shawn116

« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2013, 12:05:09 PM »
Ok..I'm a little behind with posting so I'll update two today  ;)

Day 2
9 am -Coffee x 2, 2 eggs, sausage patty and cheddar cheese scramble = 2 net carbs
2 pm - Snack- roasted almonds= 2 net carbs
6 pm – 10 hot wings, celery sticks and bleu cheese dressing = 4 net carbs
9 pm – Almond milk, chips made from lavish bread, laughing cow cheese = 5 net carbs

Day 3
9:30 am – coffee x 3
12 pm – 2 eggs with bacon, bell pepper slice, 1/2 Tbs chopped onion, cheddar cheese = 3 net carbs
4 pm – chips made from lavish bread, almond milk = 4 net carbs
6:30 pm – fajita Steak salad = sautéed flank steak with onion and fajita seasoning (I left most of the onion in the pan for my hubs I probably got about 4 rings worth) Lettuce, 2 Tbs. salsa and 2 Tbs. sour cream.   = 7 net carbs
9 pm – Cinnamon chai tea (not sweetened)

So far so good....I'm with Jo......  Sometimes you just need a mint   ;D ;D  I will avoid them for now though

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2013, 03:57:07 PM »
You're doing great, Shawn! :) :) :)

I keep a bag of Russell Stover SF mint patties around for those times when I just feel like a mint.
There are also those times that 1 or 2 help settle a mildly upset tummy.

One other thing I eat after a meal with beef or LOTS of cheese.
Since beef and cheese are hard to digest, I found that eating 3-4 Papaya Enzyme tablets right after the meal REALLY helps!
They have just under 1 carb. But well worth it to keep the lower GI tract happy! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2013, 06:25:23 PM »
Yes indeed....mint is great to settle a tummy.  I'll see if I can make it at least two weeks this time without the sweeteners though  LOL  In the mean time a nice cup of mint tea isn't too bad  ;) 

Thank you Tony for the tip with the Papaya Enzyme tablets  :)  I had never heard of using those.   :)  I'll look into them for sure. 

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: TooSweets quest for un-sweetness
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2013, 12:34:30 PM »
Shawn, I felt fatigue and like umpa,  headaches and weakness on my leg while using aspartame and splenda >:(
I am proud of you! I would like to say that I'm much like you. I LOVE CHICKEN WINGS! and people at my work kid me around for it lol
I also discovered that I feel my best when I keep my carbs under twenty too. I eat in cycles and I ate some blue bunny banana split ice cream and it tasted too sweet for me. Fruits the same way. But I eat fruits once in a while and enjoy them when I do but oh my gosh! The sweetness is incredible and delicious.  I also experienced that when I trust myself and don't make it a point to restrict myself, I end up not eating the carbs I used to eat on certain meals lol but when I use my will to make it a point not to eat something for fear of sliding, that's when I do end up eating it lol. But I'm proud of you and keep it going my buddy! ::):D;D;):)8)

shawn116

« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2013, 03:20:39 PM »
Thank you so much for your encouragement Jay  :)  That is what I love about this forum....It helps to know I have friends cheering me on.   

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2013, 09:36:16 PM »
We are always in your corner, Shawn! :) :) :) :) :)
You go, girl! ;)

And Jay, you made me remember something from my pre-FTS days with your post.
I remember that I used to sometimes attach the emotion of "fear" when I'd eat something I shouldn't (or too much).
For whatever reason, that "fear" seemed to often backfire and cause me to eat even more!

Fear is a powerful thing!
To over come it requires commitment to confront it head on.
We do this when we commit ourselves each day to the FTS lifestyle.
That commitment drowns out the fear with trust, and gives us more inner strength! 8)

Tony

NoellBlue1

• Happy to be alive :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2013, 01:46:37 AM »
Allright, TooSweet, your back to posting, well done.  I basically eat the same foods every day, but I'm trying to work on that...looking for the joy of cooking fancy meals, instead of meal time monotony,  :o
Wishing you love, joy, peace, light, and laughter for every moment in your life;)

shawn116

« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2013, 02:04:24 AM »
Variety is the spice of life right??   :D :D  I tend to eat a lot of the same things as well.  Especially when it's just me eating the meal which will happen quite a lot in the next couple of months...poor hubs will be working the night shift  :-\

Day 4

Coffee coffee coffee  ;D  There is a cold front coming through that has my joints in a uproar...hard to get around today.

11:30 am- just not very hungry today hard boiled egg with 2 slices of bacon 8 oz of almond milk  = 2 net carbs

6:00 pm- My lovely daughter came home for a visit so we went to the local mexican restaurant for a bite I ordered a grilled taco salad (grilled steak with onion, lettuce and cheese.... salsa and guacamole on the side....hold the shell, rice and beans)   I'm going to guess 10 net carbs here just in case (it really is probably less)

9 pm 1 oz of almonds and a cup of hot tea = 2 net carbs

All in all a good day   :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2013, 10:25:00 AM »
Hi, Noell! :)

Mealtime monotony... Hmm?
I also tend to eat the same things on a daily/weekly basis.
But I will "mix it up" 1 or 2 times a week, just to keep things interesting.

How we eat is really a matter of individual taste.
Just as we have different tastes in music, art, etc., we also differ in what and how we eat.

If you find an eating pattern you enjoy, as long as it's FTS-compliant, then go for it!
And if you occasionally feel like doing something new, then go for that as well! ;)

Tony

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2013, 12:52:12 PM »
Noel I have the attention span of a 5 year old! :D I also love to cook and we cook fresh everyday! Meals in my house are social events.Its where doug and I get a chance to catch up after a workday.My mom was always insistent that we were together at meal times. :)

NoellBlue1

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2013, 07:56:21 PM »
Umpa, I don't mind cooking too much...but I hate having to wash a lot of dishes afterwards, lol.  But I do plan to start mixing things up a bit in the kitchen.  ;)
Wishing you love, joy, peace, light, and laughter for every moment in your life;)

shawn116

« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2013, 10:12:48 PM »
Ok so I'm way behind with posting my meals  :-[  This cold front has been killing my joints and it makes it hard to type but here is what I have logged so far.  Man the days are flying by!   I started the quest on the 10th so I'm one week down already  ;D ;D  Actually 1 week and a day  ;D ;D   I'm going to celebrate with a nice bowl of strawberries and whipped cream at the end of this week...HA!!  I think I can....I think I can!!

Day 5
Coffee x2
2 egg and sausage scramble with cheese = 2 net carbs
Cucumber and celery slices with palmetto cheese = 4 net carbs
Almond milk = 0 net carbs
Taco salad with salsa and sour cream = 7 net carbs

Day 6
Coffee x 2
BLT with mayo and ½ pita = 4 net carbs
2 sausage links = 6 net carbs
1 cup steamed cauliflower = 3 net carbs

Day 7
Coffee x 2
Thick slice pepperoni and cheddar cheese slices= 0 net carbs
Schlotzsky’s turkey chef salad…hold the flat bread, no croutons or onions and with the blue cheese dressing.    This salad is huge so I always only eat half and count it as =7 net carbs
Movie with the hubs again… 1 oz roasted almonds = 2 net carbs
Hot decaf herbal tea

Day 8 (9/17/13)
Usual morning coffee x 2
BLT with mayo and ½ pita = 4 net carbs
8 oz. almond milk = 0 net carbs
2 hamburger patties = 0 net carbs
1 cup steamed broccoli with parmesan cheese = 4 net carbs
Chips made with lavish bread and seasonings = 4 net carbs
2 Tbs. Dean's french onion dip = 2 net carbs

NoellBlue1

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2013, 12:06:36 AM »
TooSweet, I need to try out some of that lavish bread, along with some GG brand crisp bread.  ( AND more veggies too lol)

shawn116

« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2013, 01:31:11 AM »
The lavish is wonderful Noel.  I'm really liking the chips that I've been making.  Sometimes you just need something crunchy.  I found a form that you put in the oven to make taco salad shells.  That is going to be my next creation with them  ;)  That I would like to see if I can make a egg roll that will hold together...Wouldn't that be wonderful!   ;D  By the way I find mine at Walmart.  It is usually in the deli area with the flat breads and the Joseph's pitas.  Or you can find them here http://www.josephsbakery.com/p-10222-Flax-Oat-Bran-and-Omega-3-Square-Lavash
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:35:12 AM by TooSweet »