Author Topic: Small Goals!  (Read 3243 times)

momx04

• View Profile
Small Goals!
« on: April 22, 2011, 10:05:52 PM »
I thought I would share some of the smaller goals I have made since starting FTS...

I put on a pair of jeans I haven't worn since 2004!  They were really tight, but if I laid down on my bed and sucked in my gut, I could get them on!
Whoo Hoo! ;D

I don't have to lay down to put my jeans on anymore! 

I don't even have to unbutton them to take them off now! (and they are a 14 -- coming from an 18)

I dropped a shoe size!  Who knew you gained fat on your feet!? ::)

I can wear my favorite white blouse with buttons on the top of arms (and button the buttons) ;D

I can feel the bones in my butt when I sit on the bleachers watching my kids play sports (I didn't know I had a bony ass)  :o

I can cross my legs   :D

I can see the dimples in my face that my youngest son inherited from me!  (awww.....)

Just a few mini goals!

Happy Easter to all who celebrate!
I'm so wicked happy I found y'all! ;D

Theresa

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Small Goals!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 10:18:36 PM »
Oh these are GREAT!!   ;D  All of these things make you know things have changed!  Isn't it AWESOME!!   I got into a pair of old jeans that I had last worn in the 1990's.  However, styles have changed so much since then!  These used to be my favorite jeans, but now the waist is SOOO high!  ha ha  I may still wear them somewhere.....just because I can!  ha ha   Congratulations!!!

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 10:39:54 PM »
Don't you love those "mom jeans".  I love that my new/old jeans don't have an elastic waist!   back in 2004, I lost 40lbs (to gain it all back, then some)...But had bought these jeans. I refused to throw them out. They have been sitting in my closet for 7 years.   :o  I kept trying them on over the years, not being able to get them over my hips.  Then after losing 44 lbs (22 on FTS), I can get them on, cross my legs while wearing them, and after wearing them for a while, they are kinda big! 

BTW, did I tell you I'm also a "maddy's Mom?"  Her real name is Madeleine, but once she started HS, she became Maddie.

Theresa (although went by "Terri" in HS...like mother like daughter) :)

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

Rena

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 11:41:08 PM »
Those are all great goals. Congratulations on reaching them!  :)

joagain

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 06:05:29 AM »
Congrats Terri  :D ,you may 25 or so more pounds you may want people to start calling you terri again  ;D

Hey I finally see that every step forward no matter how small is a mini goal that will add up to the end goal !!!!

You have a Happy Easter too !

PS . The mom jeans need to stick around ,there or way to many people wearing low riders with everything hanging over the top of them , :P  (AND I KNOW EVERYONE HAS SEEN THESE LADIES   :D) What we use to call ""Hip Huggers "" even then they were  made for only certain body types .

I love "mom jeans " & granny panties !!!!!!!!!! :D I just want them in smaller sizes . ;)

« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 06:14:30 AM by joagain »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 08:49:57 AM »
Momxo4 you crack me up!  :D :D :D :D :D
i am very happy for you! :)

Rena

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 10:15:07 AM »
PS . The mom jeans need to stick around ,there or way to many people wearing low riders with everything hanging over the top of them , :P  (AND I KNOW EVERYONE HAS SEEN THESE LADIES   :D) What we use to call ""Hip Huggers "" even then they were  made for only certain body types .

I love "mom jeans " & granny panties !!!!!!!!!! :D I just want them in smaller sizes . ;)

LOL! I know what you mean. I've always said, "Just because they're in style, doesn't mean everyone should wear them." Some people don't even try to cover up their butt crack. Ack!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 12:38:01 PM »
That's so wonderful, Theresa! :) :) :)
Ain't it great to see your body going through such nice changes? :)

Last night , my lovely wife took me shopping for some new jeans.
The jeans I've been wearing look like I was sharing them with someone who decided to move out. :o
She refused to go out with me wearing them.
After shopping, we went to the Outback restaurant for their charbroiled rib eye steaks!... YUM!!!

I was pleased that I fit into 42 waist sizes.
I haven't worn a 42 in over 15 years. And that was only for several months!!!
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 04:48:24 PM »
Congrats to YOU too Tony!!  You are doing so well.  

Theresa, Jo, & Rena, ya'll are so funny!!   Glad to know I'm not the only one still wearing "mom jeans" and "granny panties"!  ha ha   My argyle sweater came back in style so maybe there's hope for the high waisted jeans!  ha ha

Theresa, my daughter was Madison until high school, and then got nicknamed Maddy too!  ....and to think we put SO much thought into picking out her name. ha ha   (Madison Leigh)

Oh...and I am "Jan".   It's not short for anything....always been just Jan, and I have a brother named Stan.  My mom was really creative!  (not)  ha ha
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 04:50:21 PM by Maddysmom »

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 05:39:31 PM »
I love everyones post... lol hahahahaha ;D   Mini goals are awesome and Im so thankful for them... I am for people wearing what they want, but let me tell you, today at the waterpark, some women were wearing 2 piece suits and trust me when I say, they shouldnt be... I can appreciate confidence, but this was beyond that....

I wanted to get a new bathing suit but I am going to wait and lose more and then look for a cute polka dot (one piece)one... Also, I found this polka dot dress and I hope to lose at least 25 more lbs before the cruise so I can buy it..That will be my reward/treat for doing it..  I attached a pic of it girls...

Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 05:47:53 PM »
Oh that is too cute!!   Kind of has a "Marilyn Monroe" look to it!!  I love it!!

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 05:53:15 PM »
yeeeeessssss, very vintage...  I love polka dots and those type of dress are so cute.. I want this one too..Here is the link to the site.. They have beautiful clothes.. I love vintage..

http://www.chicstar.com/storefront/listcategories.aspx?plus-size&id=7&position=1

Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

joagain

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 06:38:36 PM »
LOve it Alex !