Author Topic: The Jeans Test  (Read 21828 times)

Waterlilly

• View Profile
Re: The Jeans Test
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2012, 08:03:08 PM »
The more I think about this jeans test, the more it makes sense. I'd like to throw my hat (pants?) in the ring and state the following, VERY publically:

I am now a size 16  >:( >:( >:( . I kind of know how I got here and I know FOR SURE how to get OUT OF here. 

My goal is either a size 4 or 6  ;D (not sure yet).  Either way, the pants have to fit comfortably with no "relaxed" versions needed  ;D. Thus is my goal. Right now I'm wearing what I call my "fat pants"  :-[ :-[ :-[ . Boy will I be glad to see those go  ;) ;) ! And I don't think I will mess with the scale for a while. For now, it's all about the "FTS of the Low Carb Pants" (or something like that).

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2012, 07:46:05 AM »
You go girl! :) I love this board!

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2012, 09:27:38 AM »
You go girl! :) I love this board!

Thanks Umpa!  I love these boards too, for the reason above. VERY supportive here with few to no trolls.  I've run into a few low carb advocates who are on real internet attention power trips and their intentions aren't quite as honest as you would expect. I truly believe that you and Doug are trying to do a good thing here and you do have good interests at heart. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2012, 10:11:02 AM »
We have a passion to help people. We really are on a mission to get the word out especially with children. I have 2 other jobs besides this one ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2012, 11:51:21 AM »
Hi Waterlilly! :)

I echo Umpa... You go girl! :)

You're on the road to those sizes, Waterlilly!
Hang IN there, and one day, you'll BE there. 8)
What you do today is what matters!

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2012, 10:07:07 AM »
Thanks Mouseissue. I just restarted today (officially). I will NEVER give up!! Plus I'm tired of the fat pants so that settles it.

Southern Belle

• Making changes! All day every day!!! ::)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2012, 10:10:50 AM »
Awesome idea! :) :) :) I'm game too!!!!! Right now I fit in to all my big girl jeans, so I'm going to buy my inspiration/ goal pair too!!! I actually have two goals a size 14 regular not W and size 10. Oh yeah, I love a challenge!!!!  ::)

My jeans test day will be on Sunday, so I'll be hyped for the upcoming week!!!!

Team FTS, all the way every day!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2012, 04:27:33 PM »
... Team FTS, all the way every day!

Amen, sister!!!... Amen! :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

Ann B

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2012, 12:43:51 AM »
I am enjoying this topic. I found a pair of size 12 pants the first month I bought the next size down to be ready for the new smaller size....at the thrift stores.  I had no qualms about buying the size 12 pants.  You all know how cool that is to realize that reaching that size is doable.  I've since bought a few tops a size or more too small (again at the thrift stores) that were so adorable, I couldn't pass them up. 

I have no idea where to buy these new...so I keep hitting the jackpot.

My goal size is 8 or 10 (normal size in late 20s after 2 births.  But 12 isn't anything for me to sneeze at.  I'm at size 16 now. Slowly but surely my body is changing. This month more slowly in the weight, but I accept that more is going on internally that is good for me.

Congrats everyone for your continued successes in following FTS....and/or recommitment.

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2012, 09:08:50 AM »
This month more slowly in the weight, but I accept that more is going on internally that is good for me.

This is true. I think that sometimes you lose weight and sometimes you simply heal your body. It all balances out in the end.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2012, 10:27:35 AM »
Welcome southernbelle!i am umpa dougs wife. If i can help you please ask.i have a column on the homrpage called ask umpa where i can convert your favorite foofs to fat to skinny friendly.congrats on the 17 pounds :)

Southern Belle

• Making changes! All day every day!!! ::)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2012, 04:47:32 PM »
Thanks Umpa, glad to be here!!! :D im hoping FTS will take me all the way to my goal weight maybe even past it!  ;D ;D ;D

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2012, 05:42:08 PM »
Waterlilly, your fat pants are my skinny pants!  :D It's all good girl, You are going to get where you want to be! You've GOT this one! :)

Welcome aboard Southern Belle!  ;D

Great approach Ann! :)

*hugs*

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2012, 06:45:36 PM »
I just ran across this post and I'm happy to say that when i started this lifestyle i was in a size 48 jeans, last friday i was in a situation where i had to buy a new pair post haste, I actually am in a size 40 now and they fit great!!! My dad was with me and was completely shocked when i put them on with no effort ;D ;D ;D     
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

shawn116

« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2012, 12:17:05 AM »
Tex I am so excited for you!!!  Way to go!!  ;D ;D  Bring on the happy dance!!