Author Topic: Oopsie Bread  (Read 1873 times)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
Oopsie Bread
« on: February 09, 2012, 10:10:37 AM »
I found this recipe on the web and searched here on the forum to see if anyone had posted about it.  It is called oopsie bread.  I made them last night and they are interesting.  I think they will make a wonderful french toast or hamburger bun. If you add sweetener, chocolate or nuts it could be more dessert like.   

3 large eggs
1 packet of Splenda (I used xylitol)
1 dash salt
1 pinch cream of tartar
3 ounces cream cheese
Oven at 300 degree
Separate the eggs and add Splenda, salt, and cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together.
In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture).
Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites.
Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.
Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store them in a bread sack or a ziplock bag to keep them from drying out.

SarahC

• View Profile
Re: Oopsie Bread
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »
It looks good, Amber! It still amazes me that bread can be made without any flour!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 01:36:35 PM »
Thanks Amber!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Wonder why it's called Oopsie Bread?
Maybe it was discovered by mistake... Many great recipes are!
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 05:08:59 PM »
A lot of recipes are Tony! Are they puffy Amber? :)