Author Topic: Back from vacation!  (Read 5164 times)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Back from vacation!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 09:00:30 AM »
I was wondering what would've happened had it come up a big rain storm! ha ha ha

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 09:06:36 AM »
 :D :D :D :D Jan you are bold !!! I am so proud of you! I have never been to fantasy fest.I think I would get the giggles!!
Mouse issue we were just in Haight Asheberry when in San Francisco and I don't think the hippies could afford to live there!!Very Expensive! :D :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 01:43:18 PM »
:D :D :D :D Jan you are bold !!! I am so proud of you! I have never been to fantasy fest.I think I would get the giggles!!
Mouse issue we were just in Haight Asheberry when in San Francisco and I don't think the hippies could afford to live there!!Very Expensive! :D :D

Hi Umpa! :)

Giggles!?!... I would probably start laughing out loud! ;D

I don't think the majority of the hipsters live there... But the few better off ones shed their daily attire and wear hippy stuff.
I believe they just show up for major events as an excuse to get stoned in public (like they need one in Frisco :D :D :D).

What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 02:21:14 PM »
Oh trust me.....we definitley got the giggles!!  :D   We saw some really OLD folks out there joining in the festivities!  ha ha   I took a picture of one elderly couple of tourists (fully dressed) both of them were on those hoveround scooters & they were taking pictures of EVERYTHING!  ha ha  They were definitly taking in all the "sights".   ha ha        
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 03:39:54 PM by Maddysmom »

shawn116

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 08:53:31 PM »
I was wondering what would've happened had it come up a big rain storm! ha ha ha

Too funny Jan!!!  I've wondered that myself  ;D  It's crazy what some people will do in public  :-X

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 09:35:35 AM »
I 've always wanted to see the Keys, but yuk, now I do not even want to go knowing such things go on there. Are you saying people actually go nude with body paint on them?????
With God all things are possible
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 09:42:04 AM »
It goes on for one week a year Rosie.They warn everybody its going on .Its like carnival in RIO.People come from all over the world.Key West is only a 3 mile island.I don't like crowds so I don't go but my kids like it.Its really harmless fun there are police everywhere.I don't think they are totally naked but Jan is our Fantasy Fest Expert lets ask her!! :D :D ;D

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 10:48:48 AM »
its been like that for years.. Fantasy Fest is for acquired taste only for sure... lol.. I was invited buy NOWAY.. my sisters have no reservation.. oh well...

In West Palm Beach they have Moon fest and that is very cool.. NO BODY PAINT there but surely very creative costumes.. in the earlier part of the festival is family friendly and then after 10pm well, it can get crazy but no naked people..

Remember that the Keys is really lay back, literally...

still waiting for pics Jan...
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2011, 02:19:48 PM »
From what I understand it's ONLY this week called "Fantasy Fest" that the tourists do this in Key West. We only saw 2 ladies who were totally naked, but they were painted all over.  You really had to LOOK ::) to figure out if it was clothes or paint.  ha ha  Alot of ladies on Duval street were topless but they were all either painted or had on pasties.  Nobody was rowdy at all.  The cops were just relaxed walking in the crowds. 

Several years ago we drove down to Key West for one day while vacationing in Fort Lauderdale.  That was in July, and it was NOTHING like this then. It's really just a laid back little town full of shops and great places to eat.  Also the old town is very interesting.  I got to see the Little White House where President Truman spent alot of time!  Hemingway also lived in Key West and you can see his house too!  Have you ever been to Gatlinburg, Tennesee in the Smoky Mountains?  Key West kind of reminds me of Gatlinburg but at the ocean.  :)  We totally LOVED Islamorada!  No crowds, and SO relaxing.  Doug & Upma are so blessed to have a home in the Keys!!  Phil & I would move there in a SECOND if we could!!  What a life!!  ;D

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2011, 02:47:21 PM »
Rosie, trust me....you would LOVE the keys.  Like other tourist spots, even Disney World, there are just some weeks that you would want to avoid.  Fantasy Fest is the last week in October, and I think they have a gay pride week sometime in June.  You would LOVE it any other time!  I saw the most beautiful sunsets of my life!   ;)     

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2011, 03:05:41 PM »
Hi Jan! :)

Never been to the Keys. But would like to go someday.

I bet the sunsets are much like those I saw on our honeymoon on St. Thomas Island in the Carribean.
We watched the sun rise in the Atlantic Ocean and set in the Carribean Sea... Beautiful!
What you do today is what matters!