Author Topic: Yogurt / Yoghurt  (Read 3350 times)

aimass

• View Profile
    • Email
Yogurt / Yoghurt
« on: June 09, 2010, 03:16:49 PM »
Hi,

I am new to the program and only started this week. There is no direct mention to yoghurt in the book, and no direct discussion on the matter in these forums from the searches I tried.  In the book most milk / dairy products are mentioned but nothing on yoghurt, so I am starting this thread for reference to others.

Yoghurt is basically fermented milk where lactose (a type of sugar) is converted fundamentally to lactic acid and in full fat youghurt the total grams of carbs is apparently 4.7 grams per every 100 grams, so it seems ok to me for this program, but would like to hear other's opinion on the matter. I also researched Soy yoghurt just to compare and the nutritional values are very similar to that of milk yoghurt and I don't see it offers a significant advantage, at least in the context of this program (3.2g of carbs per 100g).

Of course, and although it should be tacit, I am talking abour sugar-free, plain yoghurt.

Best,
Alejandro Imass

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Yogurt / Yoghurt
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 07:00:21 PM »
welcome to the forum aimass!You get 20 carbs a day and if you want to spend them on yogurt that is fine.I know there is a low sugar/low carb yogurt out there.I think dannon makes it.Be careful of lowfat though because when they take out the fat they add sugar.

owensmath

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 07:04:13 PM »
Dannon makes a light & fit Diabetic friendly yogurt:  http://www.lightnfit.com/product_details_carbsugar.html

It's very good.

bcjunsan21

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 02:55:31 AM »
You must choose it because yogurt is a fermented milk where lactose is converted fundamentally to lactic acid. There is also a non-fat yogurt in the market. Remember that yogurt can actually benefit your health in a variety of ways, and it should definitely be added to your shopping list the next time you head out to the grocery store.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:26:06 PM by bcjunsan21 »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 09:52:26 AM »
Welcome bcjunsan21! My name is Umpa if I can help you please let me know.Its not just the yogurt industry it is the entire lowfat industry!To maintain taste when they remove fat they add sugar.I always tell people if it says lowfat read the label, and INGREDIENT LIST.Me i use yogurt,on my face. :D