Author Topic: Baked ziti-ish conversion  (Read 2567 times)

tinab232

• View Profile
    • Email
Baked ziti-ish conversion
« on: February 18, 2012, 09:03:29 AM »
I made dinner for a friend and I hope I didn't stray too far from the path on the conversion. I wanted to try Italian so I made a baked ziti-ish dish. I used a bag of shirataki tofu macaroni noodles, a bit of ricotta cheese, a little egg white, grated mozzarella and low carb spaghetti sauce. Mixed that all up and topped with a little grated Parmesan then baked. It made 2 servings. I think it was about 8 net carbs per serving. Not super low I know so I worried I had gone too far for being in the beginning stages. But boy it was yummy. Was this an ok conversion?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Baked ziti-ish conversion
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 09:08:57 AM »
Yes.Italian is one of the easiest.Just take it easy on the sauce and garlic.Your marinara's are always lowest.Lasagna is another good fat to skinny meal. ;)

tinab232

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 09:11:13 AM »
I used as little sauce as I could get away with. I used a cup for the whole recipe and was out of fresh garlic so used a bit of onion powder and oregano. Not my best sauce effort but turned out ok since there wasn't a ton of it. Thanks!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 09:13:05 AM »
Next time add some Italian  sausage or ground beef ant it will make it more hearty  ;) Good job