Author Topic: Grain-Free Low carb Hot Cereal  (Read 24439 times)

shawn116

Re: Grain-Free Low carb Hot Cereal
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2012, 12:42:11 PM »
Being from the mid-west it was always a must on those cold mornings before school.   ;D

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2013, 06:45:14 PM »
See TooSweet...you've been holding out on me! HA! You DO know something that is vegetarian and zero carb ;) I'm going to try both...but TooSweet, does your version come out soupy? Seems like a bunch of liquid...
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Grain-Free Low carb Hot Cereal
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2013, 08:35:51 PM »
You got me thinking about this as cereal.

shawn116

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2013, 08:49:11 PM »
See TooSweet...you've been holding out on me! HA! You DO know something that is vegetarian and zero carb  I'm going to try both...but TooSweet, does your version come out soupy? Seems like a bunch of liquid...

Sorry Taby...I don't think about hot cereals until it starts getting cold  Haha  To answer your question though...mine don't seem to be too soupy.  Usually the longer you let them sit the thicker they get.  I always end up adding some cream on top anyway.  It's very filling  :)  If you are talking about the bubble tea recipe is meant to be a drink   ;)

This is a prime example of why its a good idea to go over old posts from time to time even if you aren't a newbie.  I know there are many recipes on here that I haven't had a chance to try and many I have forgotten about.....so many yummy recipes....not enough meals in the day to try them   ;D ;D ;D   I bet there is enough to make at least a 3 month meal plan that you could rotate them around and never have the same thing twice....Haha  
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:52:35 PM by TooSweet »

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2013, 09:13:56 PM »
Yes it is great to check out some old stuff I missed while I was backsliding LOL sooo the one you posted with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, chia seeds, brewed tea and sweetener is a drink? I was wondering :)
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

shawn116

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2013, 09:16:49 PM »
Yes that is a low carb bubble tea   ;)  very tasty

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2013, 12:28:48 AM »
Okay great thanks...I didn't realize that LOL you could imagine my surprise when I thought...this is a soup! LOL

shawn116

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2013, 08:08:42 AM »
 :D :D

Chanmom

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2013, 10:40:22 AM »
I just tried the Hot Cinnamon Cereal recipe from Lowcarbluxury and it is delicious.  I am new to FTS and am getting a little tired of eggs every morning.  This on is a keeper!  Watch it in the microwave thou, it can overflow if your bowl isn't big enough.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2013, 10:44:27 AM »
Hi Chanmom.I get tired of eggs too.i make pancakes,OMM, or french toast out of the Fat to Skinny Bakery book. ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2013, 05:25:02 PM »
Hi, Chanmom! :)

On mornings when I'm in a big hurry, I find that having LC yogurt with 1 TBSP chia seeds added
plus some cheese on the side, makes a very quick substitute for an egg breakfast.

And... the chia seeds add a lot of omega-3 fatty acids, which are VERY good for us! ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Chanmom

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2013, 10:43:01 PM »
Thanks for the tips,  I'm wondering what type of yogurt you buy.  Every brand I look at seems to have a lot of Carbs.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2013, 11:14:56 PM »
Chanmom...they buy Kroger's low carb Kroger brand yogurt...I think it has 4 carbs or 3 a yogurt cup...our Kroger in my town doesn't carry it, so I buy Stonyfield's organic plain Greek yogurt which has about 4.5 carbs for a cup (you have to measure yourself because it comes in a big tub). Hope that helps!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2013, 08:52:45 AM »
9 carbs a cup Taby.Here is the label.Pure sugar.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 cup (227g)
Servings per Container: 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 130
Calories from Fat: 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat    0g    0%
Saturated Fat    0g    0%
Trans Fat    0g    0%
Cholesterol    <5mg    1%
Sodium    95mg    4%
Potassium    350mg    10%
Total Carbohydrate    9g    3%
Dietary Fiber    0g    0%
Sugars    9g    
Protein    23g    46%
Vitamin A       0%
Vitamin C       0%
Calcium       30%
Iron       0%
Thiamin       8%
Riboflavin       30%
Vitamin B6       4%
Vitamin B12       20%
Pantothenic Acid       12%
Phosphorous       30%
Magnesium

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2013, 02:24:46 PM »
I'm aware of the label...I read it, I know it has 9 carbs a cup, I meant to put that it has 4.5 for half a cup, which is the amount I use and it doesn't stunt my weight loss. I posted my "recipe" with it using half a cup. The half a cup is almost the same amount at what's in carb master Kroger yogurt (.85 cup)...which I can't eat because my Kroger doesn't carry it and it has stuff in it that's not vegetarian ;) sorry for the typo Chanmom!