Author Topic: HELLO, I AM NEW.  (Read 7496 times)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HELLO, I AM NEW.
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 10:45:47 AM »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D @ Umpa..... that made me laugh real good...
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 12:54:18 PM »
When the kids moved out on their own I said "doug its babies or puppies" he chose puppies! :D :D :D :D

Doug is a wise man! :D :D :D :D :D
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 02:49:18 PM »
LOL  That is how I ended up with my four legged baby  :D :D :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 03:54:01 PM »
I like your "baby", Shawn. :)

I'll bet you don't have to worry about two AM feedings and seemingly endless diaper changes.
I sure don't miss them one little bit!

shawn116

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 05:14:25 PM »
LOL  I had my share of those Tony!!!  In a funny way I do miss them.  I loved it when my two were little  :D  I laughed when you mentioned 2 am feedings...  This little one is in the habit of needing to go out any time between 3 and 4:30  :o :o  I figure at least he asks to go....it beats the alternative!!!  LOL

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 10:43:27 PM »
...  This little one is in the habit of needing to go out any time between 3 and 4:30  :o :o  I figure at least he asks to go....it beats the alternative!!!  LOL

If only our offspring would've done that when they were small... Life would have been easier! :D :D :D :D :D

shawn116

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 01:05:37 AM »
LOL  so true!!   ;D ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011, 08:44:34 AM »
But with a Yorkie you can cage him up when you leave! The police frown on putting kids in cages!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Toosweet your puppy is so cute! :)

StephB313

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 10:33:26 PM »
Hello--I'm new here, too.  Hopefully it's okay to say hello here.  I didn't know if I should start a new thread or not...

Anyway, I happened to find Doug's book today when I took my kids to the bookstore.  Just roaming around and stopped at the Health/Diet section--that bright yellow book just screamed out to be looked at.  And I'm glad it did!  Even on a budget (ugh, back to school shopping on top of everything else--it adds up) I decided this book was worth the investment and bought it.

I'm really excited to start--tomorrow's my DAY 1--I was writing out a shopping list and thought it'd be good to check out the website, too.

I'm hoping to lose 30 pounds.  It sounds far away, but in 20 weeks I'm going on a mini-vacation with my sister and thought it'd be good to get off the plane and surprise her with less pounds on me.  She's naturally thin (LUCKY!) and we're going to a place where we'll be in swimsuits, so I don't want to be the fat sister--hahaha.  I feel like I've tried lots of diet book advice and not done well, but this plan seems really easy to follow.  We shall see!   :)

shawn116

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 05:37:17 AM »
Welcome Steph!!  This is a great place to start....  You can do wonders in 20 weeks on FTS.... If you follow the simple rules set out in the book ......your sister will be so surprised!!  ;) LOL  Good luck on your journey ;D ;D

Be sure to check out all the yummy recipes and ideas on here and don't be a stranger....let us know how you are doing ;)

joagain

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 07:00:55 AM »
Welcome Steph , I dont know if you will lose 30 but you will lose & feel better then you ever have !!!!

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 07:36:00 AM »
Welcome Steph,
I have been on fts for one week and lost 6 pounds, even stuck to it over the weekend, feeling so encouraged and I have over 200 pounds to loose. so I got a long road in front of me:(
I am loving this site and all the ideals and recipes, and everyone here are so nice and helpful!
So welcome God bless you as you start today!!!!
With God all things are possible
Rosie

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 08:42:54 AM »
Hi Steph  :) Don't worry a bit your sis will call you skinny when you step off the plane  ::) Welcome to the party!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 08:51:43 AM »
StephB313 Welcome! If I can help you please ask.I am umpa,dougs wife :) It takes about 2 weeks to detox from the sugar then your energy will go through the roof! I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 11:38:40 AM »
Welcome to the family, Steph! :) :) :) :) :) :)

If you not only want to lose weight, but feel MUCH better and be healthier, you've embarked on the right journey!

You will find that his lifestyle and this forum will do wonders for you.
The emphasis is on REPLACING those unhealthy high sugar foods and NOT deprivation (like diets).

This forum has the most supportive and helpful people that you'll find anywhere.
Be sure to chime in on this forum often.
Folks that do tend to be much more successful than those who do not.

Looking forward to hearing about your FTS journey!

Tony