Author Topic: HELLO, I AM NEW.  (Read 7529 times)

StephB313

Re: HELLO, I AM NEW.
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2011, 01:53:26 AM »
WOW!  You are all so nice--THANKS!  I had a rotten day at work but this sweet welcome has cheered me up.   :)

I thought today would be super hard--after reading Doug's book I realized I've been eating pretty much all sugar, all day.  Even when I thought I was being good (blast ye, sugary watermelon--my favorite, unfortunately).  But I took a tip from the book and made lots of stuff beforehand, took my lunch to work (we had a lunch meeting and I bypassed the free pizza and ate what I brought instead), and had a ready-made dinner when I got home.  The only "sweet" thing I had today was sugar free Jell-o with Reddi Whip and it was really good! 

I was expecting a headache or the feeling of the need for a pick-me-up (i.e. candy/chocolate) while at work, but nope--my freshly read book and all those before and after photos have me truly inspired.

So thanks again!  I appreciate it. 

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2011, 06:23:51 AM »
Welcome Steph,

Sounds like you are on way already!  Good Luck.  It feels sooo good to be able to say "no" to those foods.  After a few weeks you will realize you are not even "craving" them anymore.  We went out to eat yesterday (out of town) 2 times.  TwoSweet, her dad and I ate at a pancake place.  While her dad (my hubby) ate pancakes TwoSweet and I ate eggs with meat YEAH.  Then we met our son and his family and ate at Outback.  Some salad, steak, shrimp, grilled asparagus or steamed broccoli....the bomb.  I had taken cheese sticks, pepperoni sticks and nuts just in case.  Didn't even need them LOL.  FTS WORKS!!
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2011, 07:27:20 AM »
I just started on the FTS way too Step and yep it is working, 6 pounds off my first week and I feel the same way you do , the people on here are so nice and this seems to really work great. ;D
I made egg salad and chicken salad last night it was great to get up to egg salad on a wrap this morning!
I am seeing if we plan for what we CAN have it all works well.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2011, 08:37:14 AM »
You  are doing great!! :)  Just think of all the new clothes you get to buy! ;)

StephB313

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2011, 10:49:48 AM »
You  are doing great!! :)  Just think of all the new clothes you get to buy! ;)

I'm thinking of the jeans I'll get to wear again!   :)

I have a very favorite pair that I can't fit into (embarrassing  :'()--30 pounds ago they did, so they are hanging on a hook over my closet door as further inspiration. 

But yeah, new clothes would be awesome!  I haven't bought myself new/fashionable/cute clothes in a looooong time.

And HOORAY to everyone else here.  You all seem so happy to be in the FTS groove--that's awesome!  You're inspiring!

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 10:51:54 AM »
Hi Umpa,
Yep I am so excited, getting ready to get a tote to throw all the clothes in as they begin to get too big, than I will donate them. I have tons of clothes in smaller sizes I have saved as I was not always this big, some brand new with tags still, so the journey down in sizes is going to be a thrill!!!!!!! : ;D ;D ;D ;D
I cannot tell you how great I feel mentally, just the feeling that it is going to work and that I can really feel the weight coming off is making me so happy. I had all but lost any hope till I read Doug's book.
Really enjoying you all and all the folks on the forum, all the recipes, ideals, help, it is great!!!!
Rosie

StephB313

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2011, 11:04:27 AM »
I'm with you, KFaith!  Just lugging out/donating the big stuff and wearing the old smaller sizes sounds GREAT!

Your photo is super cute--and I love your dog.  I have 3!!  (2 Japanese Chins and a Pekingnese).  Little things, but big ol' babies.   ;D

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 11:09:52 AM »
Thank you Steph! Yep love my little Yorkie, wish I had a few more ;D, I think Umpa has 5 Yorkies, she posted a picture of them, they were so cute. This is my day 9 on FTS, I will weigh again on Sunday, I can feel the fat just melting this FTS way really works!!!! Are you feeling more encouraged  every day?
Rosie

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2011, 12:30:37 PM »
I had given up all hope on losing my FAT until I found FTS. I've been on more diets than I can remember.
And all with the same results... Sooner or later, I would feel "deprived" and would go back to eating like I did before.

That is one of the coolest parts of FTS... It's about replacement not deprivation.
And for this reason, I will live this way the rest of my days.

FTS is the BOMB!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2011, 12:44:40 PM »
Yes Mouseissue I understand exactly what you are saying and I can see how this is working like no other way ever has.
Rosie