Author Topic: A Vegan Meal Plan  (Read 7846 times)

Rena

Re: A Vegan Meal Plan
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 08:42:59 PM »
I've only used flaxseed meal.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 08:45:12 PM »
Oh okay...see I have flaxseeds whole and I don't know what to do with them. I have never heard of Torani...I'm guessing you order this online? Like when I became vegan, I probably will just have to build up my cooking base of supplies then I'll be good. I need to make a list of the ingredients and try to hunt them down. I got my flaxseeds from wal-mart...now I need to look for the flaxseed meal. Thanks again Rena!!!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

Rena

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 08:47:35 PM »
Torani is that syrup they use in coffeehouses. You can find it at most grocery stores now and it comes in sugar-free. A local store here just started carrying a new brand, but I can't remember the name. They have a Kahlua Coffee flavor that is AWESOME!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 09:03:24 PM »
Okay...actually the flaxseeds I have are milled...can I use those for the muffins? Also...I'm freaking out! So, I just ate a Boca patty for 2 net carbs and then I had broccoli and cauliflower...on the package it said 1 and 1/4 cup would be 2 carbs I think...but in the book I think it said 1/2 a cup...did I just go waaaay over????
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 09:22:48 AM »
Sprinkle it on everything you eat.Put it in salads,veggies,breads,muffins,and smoothies. I buy flaxseed flour/meal  you can buy it at any grocery store and its cheap.I make bread,cakes and cookies with it.I eat flaxseed bread everyday.It keeps me full. ;)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 02:05:19 PM »
Thanks again Umpa! Rena gave me some great recipes off of this board for the muffins and stuff...I would have never found it. Does anyone have a good smoothie recipe...I can't bring myself to make one out of veggies and fruit is a no-no :(

owensmath

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 03:01:12 PM »
not all fruit is a no-no

you can have strawberries, blackberries, kiwi fruit, and a small amount of blueberries

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 03:48:24 PM »
:) I think I was considering the strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries just berries and not fruit...I have blueberries but they are really high in carbs I thought? Like 1 oz. was 4 or 5 carbs...I'll have to check again though. I didn't know about Kiwi! That's AWESOME! Thank you!

Rena

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 03:53:43 PM »
The book I have says Gold Kiwi are 11 for one medium and for Green Kiwi it's 10. I'm not sure if that's going with what everyone else knows, though.

Fruits are so high carb.  :'(

I'm hoping to find some Star Fruit in the summer because it's only 7 net carbs for one medium. I've never even tried it before, but by summer I'll probably want to try anything. Coconut is low carb at 2 for an ounce. I'd need to see exactly how much that was though. Might not be worth it.  ::)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2011, 04:33:56 PM »
Thanks Rena! I LOVE star fruit...I've barely met anyone else that's ever heard of it...it's awesome awesome! Thanks so much Rena!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 08:42:48 PM »
Okay! So today's meal plan was:

Breakfast: 4

Two packets of almonds: 4 net carbs
Water

Lunch: 4

Boca patty with a squeeze of reduced sugar ketchup: 2 net carbs
1 cup of broccoli and cauliflower mix: 2 net carbs
4 snack umms pickles
Water

Dinner:

2 cups of stir fry mix with soy sauce: 2 net carbs
1/2 cup of fresh sliced strawberries: 3.5 net carbs

Total: 12 net carbs!!! YAY

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 09:02:34 PM »
Okay! So today's meal plan was:

Two packets of almonds: 4 net carbs
Water

Lunch: 4

Boca patty with a squeeze of reduced sugar ketchup: 2 net carbs
1 cup of broccoli and cauliflower mix: 2 net carbs
4 snack umms pickles
Water

Dinner:

2 cups of stir fry mix with soy sauce: 2 net carbs
1/2 cup of fresh sliced strawberries: 3.5 net carbs

Total: 12 net carbs!!! YAY

Tomorrow's meal plan is:

1 cup of almond milk unsweetened
2 packets of almonds: 4 net carbs

Lunch: 8

1 1/2 cups of stir fry mix with soy sauce and flaxseed milled: 2 net carbs
4 snack umms pickles
2 oz. of walnuts: 2 net carbs
2 TBS of hummus: 3 net carbs
small handful of broccoli florets: 1 net carb

Dinner: 7.5

1 Boca patty wrapped in 2 lettuce leaves with one slice of a medium tomato: 3 net carbs
1 cup of yellow squash satueed with lime juice and tomato: 4.5

Total: 19.5