Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 6242 times)

binky04

• I used to live to eat. Now I eat to live :)
    • View Profile
« on: September 10, 2011, 03:08:38 PM »
I just started this past Monday and am already happy with my results.  My husband has diabetes and we both need to lose weight.  My friend told me about the fat to skinny book and how much weight she has lost so far.  I have to say that I was skeptical but I bought the book anyway.  I had it for about a week before I read it.  After I read the book (Monday morning), I immediately asked my husband to read as well.  I have to say that we didn't have any idea how much sugar we were eating even though we were eating sugar-free items. wheat bread, milk, corn and peas just to name a few.  After my husband read the book, all he would say was "oh my goodness".  We immediately started this new healthy lifestyle.  I am 6 pounds down and not sure exactly how much my husband has lost since he didn't weigh on Monday (maybe 5 or more).  I'm so glad that this forum is available because it is sooooooo helpful!  I've already tried some of the recipes and we have loved all of them  ;D   The fat to skinny book is the best buy that I have ever made!!! THANKS!!!!!!!  By the way, everyone on this forum are AWESOME!

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 04:27:49 PM »
And now you're on the forum so that makes you awesome too!!!  ;D ;D
Welcome, and know that we are all here for you and your husband!

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 04:52:43 PM »
Hi Binky04

I am so glad you found us!!!  I want to welcome you both to the FTS family  ;D ;D 

It totally amazed me as well at how much sugar I was really eating in so called sugar free items.   In just a matter of a few months of being on the FTS lifestyle my doctor took me off of all my diabetes meds including insulin.  For the first time in a long time I feel like I am in control over my life again, and not being controlled by my disease.   I love to see when other people with diabetes find their way here because I know how amazed and how much better they will feel after this lifestile change.  It makes a person wonder if it isn't maybe even better for those who don't have the disease.  By all means don't be a stranger I look forward to hearing about your journey to a new healthy you.....  ;)   Oh and CONGRATS on the 6 lbs gone!!!   ;D ;D

binky04

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 05:48:58 PM »
And now you're on the forum so that makes you awesome too!!!  Grin Grin
Welcome, and know that we are all here for you and your husband!

Thanks, jen1975.  I am very happy to be here and I feel awesome too  ;D  ;D  I really appreciate all of the support!  Hope I can return the favor  :D

binky04

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 05:55:12 PM »
Hi Binky04

I am so glad you found us!!!  I want to welcome you both to the FTS family  ;D ;D 

It totally amazed me as well at how much sugar I was really eating in so called sugar free items.   In just a matter of a few months of being on the FTS lifestyle my doctor took me off of all my diabetes meds including insulin.  For the first time in a long time I feel like I am in control over my life again, and not being controlled by my disease.   I love to see when other people with diabetes find their way here because I know how amazed and how much better they will feel after this lifestile change.  It makes a person wonder if it isn't maybe even better for those who don't have the disease.  By all means don't be a stranger I look forward to hearing about your journey to a new healthy you.....  ;)   Oh and CONGRATS on the 6 lbs gone!!!   ;D ;D

Thanks, TooSweet!  I'm glad I found you all too  ;D  We're looking forward to the weight loss and hopefully the diabetes will go away!  Thanks!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 08:53:11 AM »
Welcome to the party Binky..... If your husband is a type 2 diabetic he will have a wonderful chance of reversing it if he sticks to the FTS program  ;) Is your friend here on the forum? If not please introduce the forum to her  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

joagain

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 09:18:24 AM »
Welcome Blinky & congrats on the 6 pounds !!!! We are all awesome & so are you !!!! ;D

eliruthy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 09:19:18 AM »
Proud to say Binky is my friend :)  She's been following my progress and now she's rocking on her own!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 09:22:56 AM »
I am so happy for you  and your husband Binky! :) If I can help you please ask.I am Umpa,Dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.Fat to skinny works because we don't remove foods we replace them.That way there are no foods to add back to your diet to make you gain the weight back.Cycle broken :)

binky04

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 01:17:51 PM »
Welcome to the party Binky..... If your husband is a type 2 diabetic he will have a wonderful chance of reversing it if he sticks to the FTS program  ;) Is your friend here on the forum? If not please introduce the forum to her  8)

Thanks, Doug! Yes, my husband has type 2 diabetes and currently takes 2 different meds.  We are so hoping that he can go off the meds.  My friend is on  the forum and I am so happy that she shared her experience with me  ;D

binky04

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 01:20:40 PM »
Proud to say Binky is my friend :)  She's been following my progress and now she's rocking on her own!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I just have to say that YOU ROCK!!! I really appreciate all of the support that you've given me so far  ;D

eliruthy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 01:25:24 PM »
Anytime CHICKY! ;D  Keep up the good work!  Don't ever give up!

binky04

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 01:31:20 PM »
Anytime CHICKY! ;D  Keep up the good work!  Don't ever give up!

I don't ever want to give up!!It really helps that Sam is eating the same foods as me  ;D  I don't think my fridge has ever had as much food in it than it has now!  Healthy food, no doubt  8)

eliruthy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 01:33:24 PM »
NO DOUBT!!!  I'm stalled kinda b/c of the sugar alcohols I've been eating ::) I don't know why I keep doing this to myself LOL.  Sugar free reese cups....mmmmmmmmmmm........that's why!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 08:04:44 PM »
That's great news, binky! :) :) :) :) :)

BTW, I was a type II diabetic and my doctor took me off my blood sugar med (Metofrmin) last March.
At that time, he declared I was no longer diabetic! ;D ;D ;D

Like Doug said, your hubby has a better than very good chance of beating it if he sticks to the FTS rules.
What you do today is what matters!