Author Topic: AGE AND EXERCISE  (Read 2255 times)

george8

• View Profile
    • Email
AGE AND EXERCISE
« on: March 29, 2012, 11:27:28 AM »
Did I mention that my wife and I are 72 years old and doing very well on the program. I have a chronic back problem which prevents exercise but am still losing weight.  Am under 200 lbs. now.  First time in a long time I have been at this weight.  It's still going down ! I'm very satisfied and determined to get another 15 -20 lbs off ! My cardiologist said he applauds me for the weight loss.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: AGE AND EXERCISE
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 12:55:34 PM »
You're doing great, George! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Although I'm only a kid of 60 years old, I injured my back in the shipyards when I was about 30 years old.
It has been known to raise a fuss now and then, but much less since I've been taking SAM-e.

I take a morning walk most everyday... Rain or shine. I might skip it during a storm, though.
When I walk, I don't run or jog!
I walk like I have somewhere I need to be (walking with purpose).
During the summer, I might swim a bit too.

Walking and swimming are excellent exercises that don't add strain to your back but do wonders for your health.
As with any new exercise routine, start slow and add distance to your walks (or swims) as time goes by.

I'm sure your cardiologist would applaud these exercises as well!
Hopefully, you can make him a believer in the FTS lifestyle so he'll pass it on to other patients! 8)
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: AGE AND EXERCISE
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 05:58:24 PM »
George my mother in law is 82.Up till her accident last month she rode her bike everyday. My grandmother who passed last year at 94 walked everyday.I have had back surgery when I was younger and the only thing that helps me is to keep my abs tight so it helps my back take the load.I'm not talking a 6pack leg lifts will do it. I think everybody should find some kind of exercise they like and do it 4 times a week.My husband Doug hates exercise but he will walk with me on the beach or ride bicycles with me.I am happy for you on your weight loss.If I can help you please ask :)