Author Topic: The last pounds  (Read 8230 times)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The last pounds
« on: April 23, 2012, 10:17:31 PM »
Today is my 11 month anniversary on FTS and I'm looking forward to losing the last 6.8 pounds.  I had hoped to be there by the one year mark but I don't care when anymore because I have no doubt I'll get there eventually. 

I am convinced that our bodies will let go of excess weight in the beginning more easily than they'll release those last pounds.  We probably start to find our way toward maintenance, making those last stubborn pounds a real challenge.

I thoroughly enjoy the give and take on the forum.  You all keep at it and you'll be the ones counting down to the last handful of pounds.  It's just a matter of time for all of us.

SarahC

• View Profile
Re: The last pounds
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 10:29:13 PM »
You've done so well, Andrea! You're an inspiration to the rest of us!

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 11:46:50 PM »
You rock Andrea....congrats girl  ;)

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 12:02:55 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS Andrea.... ;D ;D ;D  you all have helped me more than you will ever realize THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 08:37:05 AM »
That's fabulous Andrea!  You should have a party when you hit that goal  :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 08:47:26 AM »
Happy anniversary Andrea! Are you sure you want to lose that old friend, it's the very first FAT you gained!  :o :o  Just kidden  ::) keep at it and before you know it GONE!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 09:48:07 AM »
You can do anything you want Andrea! Enjoy your success! How about before and after pics?? :)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 09:57:33 AM »
I need to get one of my girls to help with that.  There aren't many before pics because I've been camera shy for a few years.  I'm in groups, standing behind someone when possible.  We'll all be together on Mother's Day so I'll get an after then and post both.

Could you send my husband and email to let him know I can do anything?  At the top of my list of want to dos is RETIRE but he's not ready for that yet.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 10:06:20 AM »
Anything for you my friend!! Whats his email?? :)

sandrarbsn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 10:10:42 AM »
Andrea, that's great!!!!  I'm less than two months into this lifestyle and I'm wondering if I will ever reach goal.  It's going way slow for me but I'm trying to celebrate each pound or inch - just not with food!!!!    :)

Congratulations and you are an inspiration to me also.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 10:19:54 AM »
Celebrate with Clothes! I loved the thrift stores when I was losing!I would just donate them back or let the store resale them for me when I was down the next size! I tried alot of stuff i normally would have bought and liked it! ;) Lots of designer stuff there. :)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 10:28:37 AM »
Andrea, that's great!!!!  I'm less than two months into this lifestyle and I'm wondering if I will ever reach goal.  It's going way slow for me but I'm trying to celebrate each pound or inch - just not with food!!!!    :)

Congratulations and you are an inspiration to me also.

Sandra. try drinking more water. Try 100 oz. per day. Drink a whole glassful at a time instead of sipping.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 10:32:34 AM »
I agree Sarah ;) I drink water and infusions all day and I keep a 32 ounce tervis tumbler next to me all the time even in bed.When i wake up in the middle of the night to tinkle, I drink it and refill and then I drink the next one when I wake.Your organs need water in the morning to get going. :)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 10:40:33 AM »
I'm a gulper, not a sipper.  I drink a gallon a day.  I know that I can't lose weight without drinking a lot of water.  I believe a lot of people are always borderline dehydrated.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 10:43:32 AM »
I am a gulper too Andrea ;) The crazy thing is ,I have really dry skin. You wouldn't think I would.My Dad too.My mom has that beautiful olive skin that is always hydrated like Sophia Loren. ;)